I honestly believe if we stay even or better | Syracusefan.com

I honestly believe if we stay even or better

storange

2023 Cali Award Rushing Touchdowns
in the turnover battle, We win..... look at RUs stats against weak opponents. Its the turnovers that will kill us if we're to be beat.

in the turnover battle We win look at RUs stats against week opponents Its the turnovers that will kill us if were to be beat.
What I think we need is to play a real football game.

We're 6 games in and we've already reverted back to discussion about turnovers being key, field position being key, winning it at the end.

Basically, we are so tempted to go back to being a completely unwatchable team, playing unwatchable opponents in an unwatchable conference.

I'll openly admit that I haven't seen a game of Rutgers. I have absolutely zero interest. However, given by their schedule alone, I would be shocked if we lost.

I'll openly admit that I haven't seen a game of Rutgers. I have absolutely zero interest. However, given by their schedule alone, I would be shocked if we lost.

Unfortunately we thought this last year going into the game with them. That was when we were 3 - 1 with a loss to USC. I have zero expectations for this game.

in the turnover battle, We win.....

I believe that every game at this point. we're not good enough to overcome huge mistakes like turnovers but we're good enough to beat anyone if we can hold onto the ball and/or get takeaways.

in the turnover battle, We win..... look at RUs stats against weak opponents. Its the turnovers that will kill us if we're to be beat.

Not for nothing, but I think it's something on the order of 75% of teams that have less turnovers win their game.

I am afraid that there is no way we play real hurry up against Rutgers. We will probably engage in over think and play into their hands. I hate to be so pessimistic but I don't know what else to think. The pessimists on the board are frustrated with what appears to be a reversion to old ways and the optimists seem to think that there is still hope for the "new" offense.

The BE has always seemed to have our number when it comes to shutting down our offense. MN and Pitt seem to indicate more of the same. This game is important to see what is really the case. I have no clue but I am hoping that we will see something more high powered and not just drives between the 20's. I would rather play aggressively and lose by 20 than play like the past and lose by 1. I say this because I believe that if we play aggressively we have a chance to win.

we need to say ' it' and play them like we did USC

I want 85+ plays tomorrow

Remember that Rutgers has gotten all these turnovers against bad teams. Every team they've played has been bad. Their poor offensive production has also come against bad teams.

What I think we need is to play a real football game.

We're 6 games in and we've already reverted back to discussion about turnovers being key, field position being key, winning it at the end.

Basically, we are so tempted to go back to being a completely unwatchable team, playing unwatchable opponents in an unwatchable conference.

In major football contests the games nearly always come down to mistakes, turnovers and field position.

Nothing new about that fact of football life.

In major football contests the games nearly always come down to mistakes, turnovers and field position.

Nothing new about that fact of football life.

That being said, its a lot easier to overcome a mistake when you run 90 plays as opposed to 60.

I sure hope we don't crawl back into our shell.

That being said, its a lot easier to overcome a mistake when you run 90 plays as opposed to 60.

I sure hope we don't crawl back into our shell.
I think we already have. I need to be wrong about that.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

This is funny since excluding the year that LeGrand got injured 2 years ago when we lost to almost everyone Cuse has not won at Rutgers Stadium since 2001.cuse has beaten Rutgers but at Syracuse. Home field is a big factor.

This is funny since excluding the year that LeGrand got injured 2 years ago when we lost to almost everyone Cuse has not won at Rutgers Stadium since 2001.cuse has beaten Rutgers but at Syracuse. Home field is a big factor.
Rutgers has beaten 5 bad teams. They will get beat tomorrow. I love how you put in your except for the last time SU played there comment. Sorry but that game counts

Not for nothing, but I think it's something on the order of 75% of teams that have less turnovers win their game.
Heard on the tube the number in the NFL was 80%.

Heard on the tube the number in the NFL was 80%.
I once heard a crazy stat that the team that scores more points in a game wins 100% of the time. Seems to be true at both the college and pro level.

I once heard a crazy stat that the team that scores more points in a game wins 100% of the time. Seems to be true at both the college and pro level.

Source, or it didn't happen. ;)

Today on offense I'd like to see us run more "north and south" plays and less where we are running or passing parallel to the LOS. Our best play against Pitt was Smith up the middle, yet we went away from that in the second half. Also, it'd be nice to see Nassib hit a receiver in stride as they are running away from him (toward the end zone) instead of stopped or toward the sideline so we can get some YAC for a change.

On defense, could we please stop trying to cover the bubble screens with an LB running from the box trying to catch up with the guy...at least go with him when he goes in motion! We give up an automatic 8-10 yards every time it's run against us. Also, defense played great against Pitt except for too much cushion on some passing downs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom