I hope American busts everyones bracket. | Syracusefan.com

I hope American busts everyones bracket.

I live in Wisconsin, and opted to watch the games today on my couch rather than at the bar with friends - I'm certain at some point I'd accidentally openly cheer for American, and things could have turned ugly fast. On my couch I can cheer as loudly as I want - Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Soar Eagles Soar!!!

SU used to play American evey year while I was in school. We split over the 4 yrs (each winning on their home court). They used to have a very good player then - Kermit Washington who averaged 20 pts and 20 boards for his career. He was the dirtbag who almost killed Rudy Tomjanovich with a punch in the NBA.

Part of the reason I don't do brackets is so I can cheer for whomever I want.

That and I hate certain segment of bracket people. (Not the fans that love college basketball all year)
But I can't stand people at the office or in the media who have not watched a game all year and are now experts on it all. It turns me off brackets totally.

SU used to play American evey year while I was in school. We split over the 4 yrs (each winning on their home court). They used to have a very good player then - Kermit Washington who averaged 20 pts and 20 boards for his career. He was the dirtbag who almost killed Rudy Tomjanovich with a punch in the NBA.
Kermit wasn't a dirt-bag. He made a single mistake... punching Rudy T. He has paid for it many times over (including a short career) but has really done some great humanitarian work since.

Last edited:
Well...

Sorry American I gave you the kiss of death.

Kermit wasn't a dirt-bag. He made a single mistake... punching Rudy T. He has paid for it many times over (including a short career) but has really done some great humanitarian work since.
I am ecstatic that Kermit changed his life around. Still was a horrible act that also shortened the career of Tomjanovich.

I am ecstatic that Kermit changed his life around. Still was a horrible act that also shortened the career of Tomjanovich.
I agree it was awful. However, it was a one-time thing so "changed his life around" is not really an appropriate description. It's not like the guy was a trouble-maker prior to that incident. Kermit was basically a leper after that and no NBA team wanted him. Rudy, who was totally innocent in the situation, had a much longer NBA career than Washington.

I agree it was awful. However, it was a one-time thing so "changed his life around" is not really an appropriate description. It's not like the guy was a trouble-maker prior to that incident. Kermit was basically a leper after that and no NBA team wanted him. Rudy, who was totally innocent in the situation, had a much longer NBA career than Washington.
As they say - let the punishment fit the crime!

As they say - let the punishment fit the crime!
Somewhat related. I met a girl once who I became friendly with. In her mid-20s during the late 90s, she was living in Phoenix. Let's just say when she told me she once worked as a model for Eileen Ford, I wasn't a bit surprised. She was hot (and nice). She told me a story about being in a bar one night in Phoenix when an older guy came up to her and started hounding her. She really wasn't interested and made it known to him. He became irate and started grabbing at her to the point that people had to pull the guy off her and it made quite a scene. She has no idea how he got her name and address but the next morning she got a bouquet of roses as an apology from Rudy. I think a couple of years later he went on the wagon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom