I hope Marrone is embarassed | Syracusefan.com

I hope Marrone is embarassed

Upstate

Co 2020 Cali Winner, Rcd/Rcpts/TD Rcpts (5)/TFL
5 personal fouls is unacceptable for a coach that preaches discipline.

Marrone Picking up the first down marker was our best offense all day. Oh wait we were on defense.

I'm not sure he will be embarassed. I think he will be pissed. Need to have much more discipline than they showed today if they want to compete on a consistent basis. Especially on the road.

I'm sure he is pissed, really really pissed. He hates losing just as much as anybody. Hopefully this loss will get everyone fired up for next week.

Will vote for Marrone next week after he coaches the game of his life again :noidea:

I'm sure he is pissed, really really pissed. He hates losing just as much as anybody. Hopefully this loss will get everyone fired up for next week.

Yep, no matter how bad the commentary looks here, what Marrone is saying to the team probably makes this place look tame. Hope he has their ears.

He needs to look in the mirror he has been outcoached by Charlie each game. We needed to establish the run

this is the same bunch of missfitts who had a hard time all year other than last week-

i think marrone is the man for su-if he can recruit a kid or 2 who scare the other defense-
right now su has no legit threat none nada zilch-

recruiting is not marrones strong suit -

beginning to seem like last week was a fluke!

This was the team that struggled vs Tulane, Toledo, and Rhode Island. Lost to Rutgers and should have lost to Wake.

beginning to seem like last week was a fluke!

This was the team that struggled vs Tulane, Toledo, and Rhode Island. Lost to Rutgers and should have lost to Wake.

Yeah, last week's dominating win, unfortunately, created some false hopes & expectations, at least it did for me. This week's loss was indeed very sombering, and I agree with you that it's probably a much more accurate assessment of this team's dna.

Although, I have to admit, I was surprised by all of the personal foul penalties on SU & their total lack of discipline. That is a direct reflection on coaching. This team was dominated from the get-go, saying the team was ill-prepared is an understatement.

Also, maybe too much partying during the week after the big W, along with the team believing it had arrived, when as DM stated, it was only one win...that's it!

...not sure this falls entirely on the players. I feel that the coaching staff let the team down today:

1. Inability to change game plan...Ryan under center too many plays
2. Lack of discipline...5 personal fouls is rediculous
3. No creativity with offense...throwing 6 yrd passes needing 10 or more yards does not work...and if pass rush is that good...then place qb in shot gun
4. No emotion by players...they resemble the stoic look of the head coach...no enthusiasm; no throwing head phones or clip board...no nothing...

Dougie doesnt get my vote...not after today...he did last week...but where is the consistency?

You hope Doug is embarrassed? Gotta laugh at the roller coaster of emotions. Last week you (the rhetorical you) would have had him over for Sunday dinner. Now you'd yell at him to get off your lawn!

...not sure this falls entirely on the players. I feel that the coaching staff let the team down today:

1. Inability to change game plan...Ryan under center too many plays
2. Lack of discipline...5 personal fouls is rediculous
3. No creativity with offense...throwing 6 yrd passes needing 10 or more yards does not work...and if pass rush is that good...then place qb in shot gun
4. No emotion by players...they resemble the stoic look of the head coach...no enthusiasm; no throwing head phones or clip board...no nothing...

#2 and #4 cancel each other out. If you're hitting late on every play, maybe you're playing with TOO much emotion.

Its tough to be creative on offense when the QB simply has no time in the pocket and does not have a lot of speed. Marrone is doing what he can with the talent on the roster.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom