I hope Syracuse is not responsible for getting Coach P fired again. | Syracusefan.com

I hope Syracuse is not responsible for getting Coach P fired again.

midloviking

2nd String
I feel bad for P but I don't miss the "I gotta poop" face when things aren't going well.

Yeah he was really fired before this, now he's SUPER-DUPER fired.

He's at Uconn--he's the enemy now. Glad we blew them out.

Couldn't care less what happens to him at this point.

He's at Uconn--he's the enemy now. Glad we blew them out.

Couldn't care less what happens to him at this point.

Eh, I hear where you're coming from. But P was (and is) a good guy. We won the game and we're never playing UConn football again. I don't wish any ill will on P&D going forward.

Uconn board said "
His facial expression says "I like soup."

P is a very nice guy (I know him pretty well from his SU years). I will never wish him ill. I am an SU fan... and I am thrilled when we win a game like this. But I feel no need to bash someone when he's down.

Eh, I hear where you're coming from. But P was (and is) a good guy. We won the game and we're never playing UConn football again. I don't wish any ill will on P&D going forward.

I liked Coach P as our coach. I supported him way longer than most posters on this forum.

I'm also a Miami Dolphins fan, and supported him during his tenure there.

I don't harbor ill sentiment toward the guy--he was a class act as our coach. That said, he's coaching the enemy now. Not just an opposing team--THE enemy. I sure as heck will not root for him to be successful at uconn--to hell with them.

I liked Coach P as our coach. I supported him way longer than most posters on this forum.

I'm also a Miami Dolphins fan, and supported him during his tenure there.

I don't harbor ill sentiment toward the guy--he was a class act as our coach. That said, he's coaching the enemy now. Not just an opposing team--THE enemy. I sure as heck will not root for him to be successful at uconn--to hell with them.

He's got 4 games left.

too bad for P.,but one thing you have to remember,as long as u-con is in that conference they would most likely never get as good as,or working coach than pasqualoni.

schiano may be available in about a year or two,but he could never fool the New Englanders like he did with the snookies

At a season and a half it's a bit early to think about firing anyone. Even G-Rob got 4 years.

But maybe UCONN feels their facilties are OK and they want immediate results.

Schiano to BC with Bellidick's influence once he gets run out of Tampa?
Then we could hate him again.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Oh and let me be the first to tell those whining UCan't fans to get a life.

Schiano to BC with Bellidick's influence once he gets run out of Tampa?
Then we could hate him again.

with all those one way streets in boston,shady will no excuses when fans never show up for a game there...either your heading into the stadium or heading towards quincy market.

man o' man i could here the rutgirls fans screaming that shady is heading to another conference before they do.

Always thought Coach P was a stand up guy. He landed on his feet after 'Cuse, I am sure he will after UConn. Happy trails.

If P gets fired it won't be SU's fault, it'll be his own. He's just not a good head coach. That became obvious here as he ran off all of his good assistant coaches.

I respect the man while happy he and Deleone are no longer with the program I wish them well and to be honest kinda felt sorry for the guy.

I'm not so sure he ran off his good coaches or that SU wouldn't give them the $ they deserve...maybe both to a point, long hours low pay.

I feel bad for P but I don't miss the "I gotta poop" face when things aren't going well.

He was always a bridge to the next guy and never a long term hire. Edsall didn't leave much to work with. Their QB situation was horrible.

P is a very nice guy (I know him pretty well from his SU years). I will never wish him ill. I am an SU fan... and I am thrilled when we win a game like this. But I feel no need to bash someone when he's down.

The guy was responsible for some the best seasons ever had here. Some folks need to remember that.

I'm not so sure he ran off his good coaches or that SU wouldn't give them the $ they deserve...maybe both to a point, long hours low pay.
Referencing some stuff bees said on here this past week. He essentially provided a horrible work environment for assistants.

Referencing some stuff bees said on here this past week. He essentially provided a horrible work environment for assistants.

Gotcha. I'm sure a little extra cash would have helped though.

Just want to ask this...why the heck did P have his beat up QB and recently hurt rb play the whole game?

Paul Pasqualoni is a good and decent man that I'd be more than happy to entrust my kid to. High school coaches in the Southern Tier LOVED the guy, but unfortunately there was little talent in the well to send his way. His involvement with them and his open door policy did, I think, (and according to many coaches it's true) help elevate the style of play and quality in the area.

The game passed him by. His control over his assistants likely prevented a young talented coordinator from reinvigorating his system and "making him look good". But he's a good and honest man. Obviously we all rooted for an SU win last night, but I always hate to see a good man and hard worker get run out of Dodge. I wish he'd made UConn more competitive, for his own sake.

He should be in a place where he can either retire and enjoy his kids or maybe he can learn to lighten up and coach at a lower level for the pure love of the game he clearly has deep in his soul.