I hope there is some recognition of the historic weekend being memorialized on the 11th | Syracusefan.com

I hope there is some recognition of the historic weekend being memorialized on the 11th

CaliCuse

All American
I think an appropriate gesture would be to allow all state firefighters and police in to the game admission "free". These persons will buy beet and other refreshments to more then make up for the free tickets. Of course their family is included in the free admittance. Perhaps new fans will be inspired for future games. Its the perfect game for this kind of gesture to say thank you for their service and dedication to us the citizens they protect. The poor souls who ran into the mouth of terror in NYC on 9/1101. They could have run away and who would have questioned that for a moment.

I think an appropriate gesture would be to allow all state firefighters and police in to the game admission "free". These persons will buy beet and other refreshments to more then make up for the free tickets. Of course their family is included in the free admittance. Perhaps new fans will be inspired for future games. Its the perfect game for this kind of gesture to say thank you for their service and dedication to us the citizens they protect. The poor souls who ran into the mouth of terror in NYC on 9/1101. They could have run away and who would have questioned that for a moment.
I absolutely agree with this Cali. I remember being at the SU-Auburn game the week after 9/11, and there being so many incredible moments in pre-game with firefighters and police officers. The game was secondary, it was a coming together for the community to say "we're still here, and we're okay." It would make sense to give away free tickets to these people and their families for the game.

I absolutely agree with this Cali. I remember being at the SU-Auburn game the week after 9/11, and there being so many incredible moments in pre-game with firefighters and police officers. The game was secondary, it was a coming together for the community to say "we're still here, and we're okay." It would make sense to give away free tickets to these people and their families for the game.
I to was at the Auburn game and recall that it was described at that time as one of the largest assembly of people under one roof since the terror act. We had fly bys from the Rome airfare base and while it wasn't scary to be there the event it was a kind of relief that things were getting back to "normal at least a little bit. We need to memorialize this tragedy not celebrate of course.ut a gesture is a no brainer IMO:bat:

I believe they're doing their "salute a soldier" promotion this week where every ticket sold is matched and given to a soldier. Completely agree though Cali. Send it over to the AD and maybe they'll consider it in the future.

I believe they're doing their "salute a soldier" promotion this week where every ticket sold is matched and given to a soldier. Completely agree though Cali. Send it over to the AD and maybe they'll consider it in the future.
That Bozo has a GS watching and answering his e-mail. There is only one tenth memorial for this date and if he needs to be told,he is left handed lugnut. There are some here who know him very well and should get the word to him if they care at all for the community and the school's reputation and those that serve the citizens of this state and country with such outstanding dedication tho their jobs. Pick up the phone and be of some help other then sitting and monitoring what is posted and produced on this board.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom