I hope this doesn't sound too "preachy"... | Syracusefan.com

I hope this doesn't sound too "preachy"...

cto

Administrator
I think it's amazing -- and wonderful -- that Jason Poles has reached out to the folks on this board and is posting here under his own name. In the past, some other members of the SUAD read the board faithfully and occasionally posted some interesting stuff under anonymous handles. However, they all were eventually driven away by the negativity that sometimes overwhelms these forums.

The fact that Jason has recognized that a fan forum can be a positive for SU athletics ... rather than just a negative sewer ... reflects what Scott Shafer is trying to do in reaching out to the greater SU community. I hope the good folks here will support what Jason is trying to do ... and not drive him away after the first loss this season.

Not preachy--needed to be said. Hope it is taken to heart by all who read and post here. Thanks!

I think it's amazing -- and wonderful -- that Jason Poles has reached out to the folks on this board and is posting here under his own name. In the past, some other members of the SUAD read the board faithfully and occasionally posted some interesting stuff under anonymous handles. However, they all were eventually driven away by the negativity that sometimes overwhelms these forums.

The fact that Jason has recognized that a fan forum can be a positive for SU athletics ... rather than just a negative sewer ... reflects what Scott Shafer is trying to do in reaching out to the greater SU community. I hope the good folks here will support what what Jason is trying to do ... and not drive him away after the first loss this season.
I agree with most everything you said and welcome Jason to the board.

The one place you and I disagree is the last piece... who says we're going to lose?;)

Well said. It is a very good thing.

Here, Here!!

Jason has done something very positive. Clearly he is listening and wants feedback.

Smart feedback is, well . . . smart.

And those on this board who want more interaction with the Athletic Department should make that happen with smart feedback and with a contribution.

Maybe we need a Pay Side where it is predominatly quality intelligent posters

In an Obi Wan Kenobi voice, while waving my hand/using the force: "There is no Pay Side."

where's the post? I've tried search but it doesn't seem to be working for me
It is tacked, up near the top of the board. Look for Are You "IN"?

The fact that Jason has recognized that a fan forum can be a positive for SU athletics ... rather than just a negative sewer ... reflects what Scott Shafer is trying to do in reaching out to the greater SU community. I hope the good folks here will support what Jason is trying to do ... and not drive him away after the first loss this season.
Since the Axeman left Time Warner to syracuse.com my addiction for SU sports news was nearly cut off!! I tried to find a replacement by contacting TW about this empty space and all I got was negative talk of both sides wanted this divorce. I really didn't agree alot with Axeman, but the show at times did help this fan get his needed info feed. Now talk radio in the upstate NY area is lacking. Also Jason please put the word in that right persons ear about tailgating at SUFB games. My in-laws are Penn St. grads that just love their Lions(even after Joe Pa's issues). I tag along once in awhile to Happy Valley for a game, but the main reason is for the "parting/tailgating" its great!! And I know not all the fans are pure college football fans, they just love the tailgating there which makes them life long PSU fans. SU needs that feeling to fill the dome again. Its(tailgating) is a joke on the hill. When I treat them(In-laws) to a game at SU they just shake their heads and laugh at SU's tailgating. They have a point. Something has to be done here if you want SUFB to grow!!

Since the Axeman left Time Warner to syracuse.com my addiction for SU sports news was nearly cut off!! I tried to find a replacement by contacting TW about this empty space and all I got was negative talk of both sides wanted this divorce. I really didn't agree alot with Axeman, but the show at times did help this fan get his needed info feed. Now talk radio in the upstate NY area is lacking. Also Jason please put the word in that right persons ear about tailgating at SUFB games. My in-laws are Penn St. grads that just love their Lions(even after Joe Pa's issues). I tag along once in awhile to Happy Valley for a game, but the main reason is for the "parting/tailgating" its great!! And I know not all the fans are pure college football fans, they just love the tailgating there which makes them life long PSU fans. SU needs that feeling to fill the dome again. Its(tailgating) is a joke on the hill. When I treat them(In-laws) to a game at SU they just shake their heads and laugh at SU's tailgating. They have a point. Something has to be done here if you want SUFB to grow!!
Maybe this year you will actually go to a game so you can talk from experience.

Unrelated question about Jason Poles--when we recruited him, did he come in as a QB? And didn't he have an offer from Alabama?

OH Florida Steve is on this site now!!!
Just pointing out your many inconsistent stories from cuse.com ranging from (1) "I never go to SU games" to (2) "I only go to one game per year and take the grandkids" to (3 -funniest) "I have season tickets" to (4-new) I take my in-laws to the games. One consistent thing is they all end with some sort of SU slam.

9k=

Just pointing out your many inconsistent stories from cuse.com ranging from (1) "I never go to SU games" to (2) "I only go to one game per year and take the grandkids" to (3 -funniest) "I have season tickets" to (4-new) I take my in-laws to the games. One consistent thing is they all end with some sort of SU slam.

C'mon! Give him a break: at least he is consistent with his inconsistencies!

I warned everyone in an earlier post that they would lose a bunch of brain cells after reading one of his ramblings--kinda like a really bad hangover...

When it comes to SU players (all sports) and coaches/admin., I try to keep things positive. I think in the few years I have been on this board, I have made one negative post about a player and that was half-joking. In the end, they (players) are all kids and as an SU fan, I just want to see them all do well.

Having the means to spend 10 or 15 bucks a month on a website doesn't ensure quality, intelligent posters :)

Met Jason in Atlanta. He was at the Friday party at Hudson Grill. Was making a real effort to meet and talk to lots of SU fans. I thought it was great that he came to that party.

Met Jason in Atlanta. He was at the Friday party at Hudson Grill. Was making a real effort to meet and talk to lots of SU fans. I thought it was great that he came to that party.
I told him a bunch of times on Tuesday and Thursday to come out there. I'm glad that he did.