I hope this doesn't sound too "preachy"... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I hope this doesn't sound too "preachy"...

I think it's amazing -- and wonderful -- that Jason Poles has reached out to the folks on this board and is posting here under his own name. In the past, some other members of the SUAD read the board faithfully and occasionally posted some interesting stuff under anonymous handles. However, they all were eventually driven away by the negativity that sometimes overwhelms these forums.

The fact that Jason has recognized that a fan forum can be a positive for SU athletics ... rather than just a negative sewer ... reflects what Scott Shafer is trying to do in reaching out to the greater SU community. I hope the good folks here will support what Jason is trying to do ... and not drive him away after the first loss this season.

With the way the mods police dissent on these boards, I was under the impression the site was run by the athletic department.

With the way the mods police dissent on these boards, I was under the impression the site was run by the athletic department.
If you don't like it there's always syracuse.com

Can't say your feelings here without you whinning about it. Homer site!!! Come on I'm a great SUFB fan and will always be. Just at times things are said that you don't really like. Its an opinion not always fact. OK!!

Can't say your feelings here without you whinning about it. Homer site!!! Come on I'm a great SUFB fan and will always be. Just at times things are said that you don't really like. Its an opinion not always fact. OK!!

There is spirited debate on a daily basis on this board. If you cannot see the difference between having good discussion or falling into the depths of the Syracuse.com world you are either blind or one of the trolls that just say things to rile people up. State your opinion when you want, but when it is always negative and frequently misinformed you will get beat up for it. Try to throw a well thought out post for once and see how your are treated.

you can go away too because you bring nothing to the discussion

i don't think i have yet read 1 half way decent post from you, and have a feeling i may be waiting a while.

I don't know about anyone else but I seem to have developed an aversion for capital letters.

Uh-oh, Pyongyang heard about your comment.

I think you meant to say " the rest of you IS dragging me down."

Nope, I meant to say it the way I did.

Untitled copy.jpg

I spout off nonsense around here all the time. I'm passionate, not always very informed, and vocal. Not exactly the best combination. But you won't get run out of here as long as there is some thought behind your post(intelligent thought, not 'these guys suck!' all the time) and when presented with logical and factual arguments then you admit you were wrong. So basically it boils down to 2 things:

1. Don't be an idiot

2. Don't assume you're always right, nobody is.

Follow those two rules and you can post what you want, when you want, just expect alot of push back if the board disagrees with you. I know I've crossed the line a couple of times. I think my two biggest blunders from last year were 'Ryan Nassib is a liability' and 'DM is soft on his players'. FWIW I got the snot knocked out of me on here for those statements but considering we are now discussing why DM, as the head coach of an NFL team, did not draft Ryan Nassib in the first round of the NFL draft, I would have to say both of those statements clearly fall into category #1 above. Luckily I accept #2 as well and admitted my dumbassness shortly after. And they haven't kicked me out here although a few have suggested I return to syr.com(which sorry to say for them is NOT going to happen)