I just don’t understand Dino sometimes | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I just don’t understand Dino sometimes

maybe the QB getting hurt had something to do with it.
So DB has really only won big games because of Dungey. I guess by your theory SU may be doomed then as long as he is coach.

Yep, then they lost the next 5 games to finish the season. Funny how you focus on one game over an entire season.

Dino has hit the jackpot. Apparently he has a built-in excuse for any perceived weakness since he doesn't get 4/5 star recruits like Dabo. I mean, it's not like it's his job to evaluate, and develop talent. And don't get me started on game management. Why take any chances going for the win when Rex is the QB, and will ultimately blow it anyway. We shouldn't have even been close, so no need to try.
The frosh aren't ready, so no need to put them out there in a throwaway year that doesn't effect their eligibility when Rex is still our best hope for the future...er, I mean final 5 games, and we're on the brink of turning the corner at 1-5! Can't ya feel it? We were only down one score at Clemson! Confused? Me too. This is about as sane as the logic used around here.

Dino has hit the jackpot. Apparently he has a built-in excuse for any perceived weakness since he doesn't get 4/5 star recruits like Dabo. I mean, it's not like it's his job to evaluate, and develop talent. And don't get me started on game management. Why take any chances going for the win when Rex is the QB, and will ultimately blow it anyway. We shouldn't have even been close, so no need to try.
The frosh aren't ready, so no need to put them out there in a throwaway year that doesn't effect their eligibility when Rex is still our best hope for the future...er, I mean final 5 games, and we're on the brink of turning the corner at 1-5! Can't ya feel it? We were only down one score at Clemson! Confused? Me too. This is about as sane as the logic used around here.
The only reason to play Rex would be if the team could get bowl eligible, which is obviously not even a goal. I've seen freshman QB's playing and starting across the country, but not here at Syracuse where we do things the right way!!!! We want to develop depth for the future but not at the single most important position in the game, that's some batship crazy logic right there, but Dino's sycophants eat it up.

Rex should play because he’s been a baller. His mistakes have been of commission, not omission. He’s trying to make plays. Receivers dropped a couple of balls. The best thing this team can do to enhance its future is to finish the season by winning games, by showing improvement, by fighting hard. Rex’s leadership is a big part of that.
Also, Rex has another year if he wants it. We could do worse as a competent backup QB next season, especially with the experience he is getting now and the growth he should get from it.

Well, it is interesting that Dabo played his freshman QB and he threw several passes. What does Dabo do to get his freshman ready that DB doesn't. I don't need an answer since I already know it. Dabo is a much, much, much better coach then DB. Knows the game better and has quality assistant coaches.
He lands the most talented and physically gifted QBs in the country and then surrounds them with elite talent. So yeah he's better at doing that than Dino. Then again, he's better at doing that than everyone except maybe Saban. He's better at getting donors to give obscene amounts of money to pay for stupid elaborate facilities and pay for assistant salaries amongst the highest in the country. He's also better at placing his school in a better recruiting region than Dino.

So, all you need to do to help level the playing field is donate millions of dollars annually or find donors that can and relocate the university to the deep south. That's not asking too much of you, is it?

Last edited:
Dabo also has a 5 star talent at backup QB that is already ready to throw and could start at 90% of P5 programs

There are "3-star" true freshman playing/starting at FBS schools this year already. Ive seen them play.

The guys aren't ready line is tired already. If they arent ready, get them ready. Thats what you make millions of dollars to do.

To continue to only let Rex play meaningful snaps in this lost season would be an indefensible decision imo.

What bothers me is the love affair some fans like yourself have with Dino when he really hasn't done anything.

“love affair”...lmao.

Im just not a pressed busybody who does nothing but cry about how the team needs to “fire da coooooooaach!” in every sport that I follow. Boeheim’s gotta go too huh? You’ve been posting dumb after every single loss in both sports, for years. Never notice you around after the wins though.

Last edited:
He lands the most talented and physically gifted QBs in the country and then surrounds them with elite talent. So yeah he's better at doing that than Dino. Then again, he's better at doing that than everyone except maybe Saban. He's better at getting donors to give obscene amounts of money to pay for stupid elaborate facilities and pay for assistant salaries amongst the highest in the country. He's also better at placing his school in a better recruiting region than Dino.

So, all you need to do to help level the playing field is donate millions of dollars annually or find donors that can and relocate the university to the deep south. That's not asking too much of you, is it?
More money is not going to help bad play calling and game management. That is all on Dino's coaching knowledge. Until he wins with his players, which he has NEVER done at any of his head coaching gigs, it is hard to crown him the best coach ever at SU. So many fans on this forum just rather make excuses for his lack of wins.

More money is not going to help bad play calling and game management. That is all on Dino's coaching knowledge. Until he wins with his players, which he has NEVER done at any of his head coaching gigs, it is hard to crown him the best coach ever at SU. So many fans on this forum just rather make excuses for his lack of wins.

Another dumb post. Sorry that he won so quickly at all his other stops that better schools wanted to hire him before he got all “his players” there.

“love affair”...lmao.

Im just not a pressed busybody who does nothing but cry about how the team needs to “fire da coooooooaach!” in every sport that I follow. Boeheim’s gotta go too huh? You’ve been posting dumb after every single loss in both sports, for years. Never notice you around after the wins though.
I have never once said that Dino should be fired. I have said that he needs to start winning the games. That is his JOB! If he does get fired it is due to that. I am always here, win or lose to talk about the game. I don't post on the basketball forum because I am more of a football fan. You insinuating that I posting "dumb" every single loss just proves my point. If we don't agree with your opinion then we don't know anything about Dino and SU in general.

This brings to mind the 2012 Pinstripe Bowl, when Charlie Loeb had to enter the game as an emergency sub due to an injury to Ryan Nassib on the previous play. As I recall, it was the 3rd qtr and the game outcome was still very much in doubt. West Virginia was looking for him to just hand off the ball, but instead Doug Marrone (or maybe the OC) had him throw, resulting in a critical 8 yard completion in the left flat.

Those with a better memory can correct me and fill in the details, but I guess my point is that sometimes you have to show confidence in your substitute QB, because you never know how and under what circumstances he will be called upon.

Last edited:
Well, if that's the case, a GOOD coach would simplify the system, and get enough of it installed - these are your 3 reads - keep it simple, and let athletes use their instincts. Systems shouldn't be so complicated that kids over-think what they are supposed to do on a particular play.
I agree but my point was it’s not going to happen.

What, exactly is going on out there that is complicated? Runs up the middle. Shots down the sideline. Oh, yeah, the wildcat and the reverse.

Look, I know there's more too it than a fan can see. But is there more to it than other team's offenses?
I think posters are agreeing that the system is not as complicated as Dino wants fans to believe or that it should be simplified to get the freshman some opportunities. I just to not believe Dino will make a change.

Yep, with one player as his savior. I'm just going by Dinos philosophy "not occasionally great, but consistently good"

You’re going by your busybody “get teh coach” philosophy.

Tiring.

This brings to mind the 2012 Pinstripe Bowl, when Charlie Loeb had to enter the game as an emergency sub due to an injury to Ryan Nassib on the previous play. As I recall, it was the 3rd qtr and the game outcome was still very much in doubt. West Virginia was looking for his to just hand off the ball, but instead Doug Marrone (or maybe the OC) had him throw, resulting in a critical 8 yard completion in the left flat.

Those with a better memory can crrect me and fill in the details, but I guess my point is that sometimes you have to show confidence in your substiture QB, because you never know how and under what circumstances he will be called upon.

Early 2nd qtr. SU leading 3-0. Nassib was sacked and shaken up. 3rd and 9 on WV31. Loeb throws an 8 yard pass to PTG, and Jerome rushes for 2 yards on 4th and 1. Eventually we had 1st and goal from the WV6. Jerome rushed 4 straight times, got down to the 1 but we failed to score.

We sacked Geno on the next play for a safety. :D

On our next possession, PTG ripped off a 33 yard run. 12-0 Syracuse.

You’re going by your busybody “get teh coach” philosophy.

Tiring.
You don't know me or my posting history. You just rather "Lord Over" all other posters with different opinions. Good luck to you sir.

Last edited:
You don't know me or my posting history. You just rather "Lord Over" all other posters with different opinions by. Good luck to you sir.

I know it better than you do apparently. You claimed you don’t post on the hoops board and it took me 5 seconds to find a bunch of posts of you trashing Boeheim.

I know it better than you do apparently. You claimed you don’t post on the hoops board and it took me 5 seconds to find a bunch of posts of you trashing Boeheim.
Ok, good for you. It is obvious that you need to fill your ego as being correct and all should bow to you.

There are "3-star" true freshman playing/starting at FBS schools this year already. Ive seen them play.

The guys aren't ready line is tired already. If they arent ready, get them ready. Thats what you make millions of dollars to do.

To continue to only let Rex play meaningful snaps in this lost season would be an indefensible decision imo.

It's been two games of Rex starting and one of them was in a close tilt with Clemson. If one of the freshman don't get meaningful playing time in games going forward, then I'll be concerned.