I keep seeing "We scored 37" | Syracusefan.com

I keep seeing "We scored 37"

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
This is an odd rally cry to me.

We got 9 points because our out of nowhere kicker is made out of ice water.

We scored on some short fields. Had some drives end up with field goals that ideally go for TDs.

The Custis bomb could have easily been called incomplete.

It wasn't a great 37.

We scored on some short fields. Had some drives end up with field goals that ideally go for TDs.

The Custis bomb could have easily been called

It wasn't a great 37.

To be fair I don’t know that anyone thinks it was a pretty 37. I think the point is fairly obvious that 37 simply should have been enough to win

To be fair I don’t know that anyone thinks it was a pretty 37. I think the point is fairly obvious that 37 simply should have been enough to win
I'm saying that's a bit of smoke and mirrors. It could have very easily been less than 37.

I'm saying that's a bit of smoke and mirrors. It could have very easily been less than 37.
You are what the score says you are. When we scored on those short fields, which are part of the game, who is to say we wouldn't have scored on longer drives on those drives. We will never know. We have scored pts all year. Our offense isn't the problem.

Agree and if the whistle blows on the Dungey fumble it would have been a 14 point swing. Lots of could haves. It was ugly out there for sure. For me I look at our overall performance and I don’t know what the plus side is other than our kicking game. The good news is we have two weeks to figure things out.

In most cases, you score 37 points and lose, the problem ain't your offense.
It was a problem since we didn't end the game with more points than our opponent.

I'm not absolving the defense.

We do have more control over the results we get out of our offense than our defense though.

Welcome to the modern era of CFB. 37 points isn’t a lot, it’s not very good at all when considering Pitt’s defensive stats so far this year.

It was a problem since we didn't end the game with more points than our opponent.

I'm not absolving the defense.

We do have more control over the results we get out of our offense than our defense though.

37 was plenty. The main problem was that our D failed to keep them to 36 points or less.

Wow.

What’s a great 37?

6’6’ WRs doing one-handed catches and breaking tackles for 60-yard scores with a rainbow appearing over the stadium?

It wasn’t a great 37...my goodness...
Yes, and Dino entering the field from a tunnel riding a unicorn. Don't forget that part.

Did you think you saw good offense from us yesterday? I didn't.

Again, the upside is there's meat on the bone. The downside is that we say that every game, and in this one it bit us.

I'm not sure why this argument seems so absurd. If you return 5 kicks for TDs but otherwise lose 748 yards on offense, and only have the ball for 6 minutes of the game...it seems silly to just be dismissive and say, 35 points was fine!

"Let's not discuss that the offense may have been an issue in the loss! We had 35 points and that's something amazing!!!! Quit saying it wasn't great - 35 is always greaaaaaaaaaaaat!"

Maybe it just ain't. Circumstances can matter.

I know that's an extreme, but just saying 37 points is "woooohoooooo we're good," seems sort of silly.

I predicted 37 in the prediction thread. I'm half genius.

I realize now that 37 isn't always going to be enough. Rougher days ahead for the defense. I think Dino does too. I'd bet he's pretty upset about all the points we left off the board. And 372 yards of offense is well below what he wants.

The ref's broken whistle on the Dungey fumble didn't help. Credit Pitt for the play though. Play to the whistle, even if there never is one.

I thought our offense would be more aggresive. Our thought our coaches play calling would be more aggresive. Not talking about the PITT game but overall. Just feels we are less aggresive looking for quick check downs to RIley all game not going for it on 4th down. I dont remember the last we went for it on 4th down. Just seems our fire is gone on offense.

Yes, and Dino entering the field from a tunnel riding a unicorn. Don't forget that part.

Did you think you saw good offense from us yesterday? I didn't.

Again, the upside is there's meat on the bone. The downside is that we say that every game, and in this one it bit us.

I hear you, but the O still put up 37 with Dungey playing.....not well at all.

Pitt also neutralized our ST advantage (this is factor to our offensive efficiency I have not seen mentioned), and Hofrichter did not have a Sterling day punting.

I hear you, but the O still put up 37 with Dungey playing...not well at all.

Pitt also neutralized our ST advantage (this is factor to our offensive efficiency I have not seen mentioned), and Hofrichter did not have a Sterling day punting.
Good points, and good pun.

The Custis bomb could have easily been called incomplete.

It wasn't a great 37.
Yards per play stunk. Just as bad as vs Clemson

Yards per play stunk. Just as bad as vs Clemson
Well, Dungey throwing passes like he's skipping stones on Lake Oswego will do that to your yarfs per play.

Last edited:

Agreed on all counts. Against Pitt, 37 should have been more than enough

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom