i kinda feel bad for florida state | Syracusefan.com

i kinda feel bad for florida state

Millhouse

Living Legend
one stupid one point loss to nc state and they get to finish the year playing ga tech in the acc championship and louisville or rutgers in the orange bowl

zzzzzzzzzzz

they should be in the national title picture and instead they're totally ignored.

one stupid one point loss to nc state and they get to finish the year playing ga tech in the acc championship and louisville or rutgers in the orange bowl

zzzzzzzzzzz

they should be in the national title picture and instead they're totally ignored.
Big reason their on the way out (I guess )

zzzzzzzzzzz

Funny you mention that because I actually looked at their schedule last night and forgot they lost that close game to NIT State. I remember now that once they lost they were basically looked at like they had leprosy and filed away.

I don't feel sorry for them as much as I'm ticked at them. They lost a game they should have won and now we're gauranteed at least one SEC team playing for the NC with a possibility two. If they had taken care of business, Alabama would be third right now. I'm ready to stop hearing about the SEC winning NC's!

I have no problem with the SEC winning a Championship, at least this year. Until ND joins the ACC full, im beyond sick of them. I want Bama in that game to just beat down ND to a pulp.

if they couldn't beat NCSU, they'd more than likely have lost a few in the SEC

zzzzzzzzzzz

And probably blaming the ACC for it right about now. They can make themselves feel better by blasting Florida this weekend.

But that still doesn't make them deserve a spot over the Alabama/Georgia winner or ND. They would clearly have the worst loss.

If ND loses, then they have a case. Otherwise, they should have closed out that game against a so-so team when they were up 16-0 at halftime.

FSU is screwed cause they played 2 I-AA schools and as a result the computers HATE THEM. In fact 1 computer doesn't even have them them in the top 25. That same computer has 4 loss Arizona and Washington ranked and Florida State not ranked. Indirectly, SU hurt FSU when SU was looking for a paycheck game FSU and SU discussed SU replacing WVU on their schedule, but SU couldn't find a date that met both sides schedules. If FSU hadn't played 2 I-AAs schools they would be in contention for the MNC. So besides the game against NC State where they had a 16-0 halftime lead blame WVU and their schedule for their situation. If the Stanford loses this weekend and Oregon beats UCLA in the Pac-12 title game. The Orange Bowl may get Oklahoma as the only eligibile teams for the BCS would ND, SEC Champ, Oregon, Nebraska, K-State, Big XII at-large most likely Oklahoma, SEC at-large, Big East Champ. and Clemson.
Which result in this
NC- Notre Dame-SEC Champ say Alabama
Rose Bowl- Oregon-Nebraska
Sugar- SEC at-large- say Texas A&M versus Clemson
Fiesta- K-Statev vs. who? Oklahoma or Louisville/Rutgers. OU has Fiesta fatigue so if Louisville was available they may go there
leaving
Orange Florida State vs. Oklahoma.

Big reason their on the way out (I guess )

Don't forget that WVU pulled out of the game against them due to their move to the Big XII. Florida State ended up playing two (count that TWO) FCS schools as a result.

I don't disagree that they'd lose to the top teams in the SEC, but they had a chance to be undefeated and lock the SEC out of the NC game assuming ND beats USC without Barkley. If you lived in SEC country, you'd have a problem with them winning another NC. The fans here are insufferable.

I remember the good old days when conferences didn't matter so much. FSU, Miami, and ND could all be dominant without belonging to a conference. There was more variety of good teams playing each other rather than emphasizing conference play so much. It was a lot more fun.

I remember the good old days when conferences didn't matter so much. FSU, Miami, and ND could all be dominant without belonging to a conference. There was more variety of good teams playing each other rather than emphasizing conference play so much. It was a lot more fun.

Yep, once TV & $$$ took over a lot of things just don't make any sense. Greed, one of the seven deadlies, continues to rear its ugly head... :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom