I know how this will be received and I don't care. Triche needs to step up | Syracusefan.com

I know how this will be received and I don't care. Triche needs to step up

a

• b

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • c

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Millhouse

Living Legend
I'm thrilled but there's not much to say about that. Here I'm thinking about what needs to improve to win the national championship. It's great news that they were able to get this far on defense pretty much alone because I never thought they could shoot well enough to win 6 in a row. Now it's only 2. Triche has a chance to be a hero by getting his shooting together for one weekend

I'm very surprised and pleased they made the final four with him going 10 for 30 the last three games. Montana was pitiful, doesn't really tell us much.

Shooting % the last three games
All Three Two
Triche 0.33 0.25 0.36
Fair 0.43 0.20 0.47
Southerland 0.46 0.38 0.63
Carter-Williams 0.47 0.57 0.45

if we can get 10-12 points from brandon we have a good shot. A couple 3's and a few drives and he will be enough of a scoring factor. Considering his injury not sure we can ask more. If we win and see Louisville he has to do more than that to help mcw beat the pressure which is worrisome.

if we can get 10-12 points from brandon we have a good shot. A couple 3's and a few drives and he will be enough of a scoring factor. Considering his injury not sure we can ask more. If we win and see Louisville he has to do more than that to help mcw beat the pressure which is worrisome.

Against Michigan, he doesn't have to do a lot offensively, but he does have to put up some points. However, to beat the Ville, he has to do work offensively.

Despite our insanely good defense so far, someone is going to have to start scoring in order to win it all. my money is on James, but it could just as easily be Triche.

He doesn't have to make stupid decisions or be careless with the ball because of a bad back. He had six turnovers on Thursday night.

If he's gonna miss shots because of his back then he should take less of them, play smart with the ball do everything else to help the team. He played a decent game against Marquette

He'll be fine as long as he doesn't shoot anything other than layups and that little pull-up in the paint, which he's shot fairly well. Every time he shoots outside of the paint I want to gouge my eyes out though. I think we're OK with him scoring 10-12 points and helping as a secondary ballhandler, as long as he doesn't force any long jumpers.

One other thing that can improve, easily, is ball security.

We've had a Keystone moment in nearly each of the tourney games. At least a couple where we could not even execute simple inbounds plays. This simply has to matter over the next couple games.

One of these teams, over the next two games, is not going to turtle up on offense like our previous 4 have. Heck, if D Gardner had decided to take every shot, Marquette may have been better off. He was on.

So, to your point, when Michigan, or Louisville/Shockers find a way to hit a few shots against us, and not get down by 10 early, how are we going to respond offensively? When we need to score, and Southy and Fair are bottled up, can we?

He'll be fine as long as he doesn't shoot anything other than layups and that little pull-up in the paint, which he's shot fairly well. Every time he shoots outside of the paint I want to gouge my eyes out though. I think we're OK with him scoring 10-12 points and helping as a secondary ballhandler, as long as he doesn't force any long jumpers.
agree. if his back too hurt to make shots, then he doesn't need to shoot ten times per game. btw he's only 36% from 2 pt range over those games. handle the ball, rebound, get to the line, defend. i'm hoping for Sims esque clutch 3s when he has to put it up

All due respect, but after this weekend I'd rather.....
optimist prime.jpg

Nice quote from Triche after the Marquette game, per Donna D.:

“This one is for all the Syracuse players that have been here,” Triche said. “I feel like the last four years, we had a team that could do it. And this is probably the least probable team to do it. And that’s the funny part about it. We came together as a team. This is the best team we’ve had in the four years I’ve been here.”

I think he's got his head on straight. . . just keep that focus Saturday and put a lid on the Woverines.-VBOF

Hard to do anything well with a bad back

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Is he hurt or is he injured? If he's hurt and can play, then he needs to play smart.

I think he understands the gravity of the situation. I expect him to be in attack mode going at the rim and using his pull up jump shot. Use his strength to his advantage.

He can't be throwing up threes and expect to be productive.

I would also like to see him use a ball fake and get fouled and get some points / momentum at the line.

I have no reason to believe he won't be productive.

As suspected by some people his back was hurt the entire month of February. He hurt his back on February 2nd against Pitt. That is about the time his shot went to crap. Who knows how much he is hurt, but a lot of the anger toward his psychological makeup during the month of February seems quite uncalled for now. Brandon needs to take Hardaway off the dribble Saturday, play good defense like he always does, and help out on the boards. If hes open, take the jumper, because we need another outside threat even if he is not making them consistently.

Step Up?

I can't believe you didn't know Brandon was hurt. He has been stepping up. Did you see the press conference where he had a 5lb bag of ice tapped to his back.

The way he drives, he has been able to get himself that 12' jumper all season. Quick move - Step Back - Bang - Elbow Jumper. Due to his back injury, he has been having trouble finishing that shot, I suspect that's why he keeps hitting the front of the rim. When you have a sore muscle - the full extension is the hardest part, and that looks to be what he needs for the jumper.

Brandon has been stepping up, I just hope they can get his back in shape.

Go Orange
SUball

he's defending well with a bad back.

He absolutely is defending well, which is pretty amazing for someone with an injured back, considering the lateral movement required to play the top of SU's zone. But to think that a back injury would not somehow impact someone's shooting mechanics and the lift required to put up a shot is unrealistic.

Anyone who has ever had a lower back injury or pain in that area would understand that Triche is fighting through this the best he can.

he's defending well with a bad back.

defending doesn't require as much precision as draining a 21 ft jump shot or making shots over big men in the paint. matter of fact, i think you can argue brandon has played exceptionally to block away the pain and play as hard on defense as he has.

As suspected by some people his back was hurt the entire month of February. He hurt his back on February 2nd against Pitt. That is about the time his shot went to crap. Who knows how much he is hurt, but a lot of the anger toward his psychological makeup during the month of February seems quite uncalled for now. Brandon needs to take Hardaway off the dribble Saturday, play good defense like he always does, and help out on the boards. If hes open, take the jumper, because we need another outside threat even if he is not making them consistently.

He's never been a great shooter.

Here are his FG %s for the last three years:

He has never had a good looking jumper. If you are hurt and have any basketball IQ and know you can't shoot well and are injured, you shouldn't be shooting high volume from long distance.

This isn't brain surgery. This isn't Ray Allen having to change his game.

His strength has always been going to the hole and pull up jumpers. He is far from a pure shooter, good back or bad back.

Glad he is fighting through the pain. I'm sure he'll play to his strengths. Just because he was hurt, it does not absolve him of his bad shooting choices this year. He's been playing better and I expect it to continue.

Step Up?

I can't believe you didn't know Brandon was hurt. He has been stepping up. Did you see the press conference where he had a 5lb bag of ice tapped to his back.

The way he drives, he has been able to get himself that 12' jumper all season. Quick move - Step Back - Bang - Elbow Jumper. Due to his back injury, he has been having trouble finishing that shot, I suspect that's why he keeps hitting the front of the rim. When you have a sore muscle - the full extension is the hardest part, and that looks to be what he needs for the jumper.

Brandon has been stepping up, I just hope they can get his back in shape.

Go Orange
SUball

we don't need 10 shots a game from a guy too hurt to shoot

If you look at his numbers before February 2nd, he definately shot the ball better than he has since in the Big east. I'm not talking about all 4 years here, not trying to have an argument here, but most of his bad games were post feb 2nd.

We absolutely need him to shoot to keep defenses honest, just as we need MCW to hoist up a few threes each game. For someone who is on the floor for 35+ minutes a game, 10 or 12 shots is not an unrealistic number for an offense that gets little low post scoring from its centers.

1st you want him to step up, now you don't want him to shoot.
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
He'll do just fine and he has been stepping up. AND - Because he has been stepping up he will do just fine.

Go Orange
SUball

1st you want him to step up, now you don't want him to shoot.
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
He'll do just fine and he has been stepping up. AND - Because he has been stepping up he will do just fine.

Go Orange
SUball
i would like him to take less, make more.

He has been fine. Needs to get to the basket more and not take as many jumpers.

The centers need to step up more (paging you rakeem). This is who you should have started a thread on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He has been fine. Needs to get to the basket more and not take as many jumpers.

The centers need to step up more (paging you rakeem). This is who you should have started a thread on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i don't want the centers taking more shots either

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foxda130

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom