I know how this will be received and I don't care. Triche needs to step up | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I know how this will be received and I don't care. Triche needs to step up

a

• b

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • c

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I predict he will have a big game against Michigan. He will have a full week of rest/treatment on his back and he will be facing an overmatched opponent size and strength wise. I'm assuming they'd have to put Trey Burke on him because they'll need 6'6" Hardaway on MCW. Triche will not have a quickness advantage at all but height and strength. He should be able to post up and/or bull his way into the lane as well as shoot over him.

I was right behind the SU bench on Saturday. BT was in a LOT of pain and gutted it out big time in the 2nd half. His dribble-drives over the last 2 games have been huge to this team's success. In short, he has stepped up big-time already and people need to lay off him.

I was right behind the SU bench on Saturday. BT was in a LOT of pain and gutted it out big time in the 2nd half. His dribble-drives over the last 2 games have been huge to this team's success. In short, he has stepped up big-time already and people need to lay off him.

Is it just a strain or something? I assume he is not hurting himself worse by playing?

we don't need 10 shots a game from a guy too hurt to shoot

We may. Cal dared anyone but CJ to beat them and we did. Indiana tried to make anyone but Southerland beat them before switching focus to MCW and we did. Marquette tried hard to take CJ out as well to no avail. If any of the remaining teams decide to try and take MCW out, we'll need Triche more scoring and passing. Triche is the guy that other teams refuse to single out on D so we need him to take advantage of it.

We may. Cal dared anyone but CJ to beat them and we did. Indiana tried to make anyone but Southerland beat them before switching focus to MCW and we did. Marquette tried hard to take CJ out as well to no avail. If any of the remaining teams decide to try and take MCW out, we'll need Triche more scoring and passing. Triche is the guy that other teams refuse to single out on D so we need him to take advantage of it.
fair southerland and carter williams need to be the shooters. can't double team all of them.

fair southerland and carter williams need to be the shooters. can't double team all of them.

Right but if they double MCW we need someone to get the ball into the hands of CJ and JS. Also need to make them pay if they over rotate and play off Triche. If Triche hits a few early shots to keep them honest on D, we'll win the game.

Nice quote from Triche after the Marquette game, per Donna D.:

“This one is for all the Syracuse players that have been here,” Triche said. “I feel like the last four years, we had a team that could do it. And this is probably the least probable team to do it. And that’s the funny part about it. We came together as a team. This is the best team we’ve had in the four years I’ve been here.”

I think he's got his head on straight. . . just keep that focus Saturday and put a lid on the Woverines.-VBOF

Love the quote, though I'm not sure the last line agrees with the "least probable" line (to me, the last claim is way off but "least probable" is spot-on). This run shows how important the right matchup is to postseason success.

Great of him to mention the players from this four-year period - hope they're all as happy as Triche is.

Brandon has been playing some of the best all around basketball of the year of late. Even with the hurt back he has been having an impact. The biggest area has been in the fact he has been more opportunistic with his shots. He needs to take as others have said 7-8 shots a game, basically the easy stuff. If we are going to get anything from him via the perimeter its best to get it early before his back tightens up on him. Regardless of the injury if he can continue to be most impactful early in terms of his offense and then a secondary ball handler and opportunistic driver the rest of the game we will be in good shape. Teams are now completely locked in to MCW so it makes what chances BT get a lot easier. My biggest fear if we beat UM and see the ville again is the pace of the game. Brandon was clearly laboring when the cards pressed late and couldn't sprint to get the ball very well.

Is it just a strain or something? I assume he is not hurting himself worse by playing?
It looks like back spasms to me based on his posture and how he wouldn't sit down when he was out of the game. But, it could be a muscle strain. Not that there's much difference from a performance standpoint.

we don't need 10 shots a game from a guy too hurt to shoot
i don't want the centers taking more shots either
if JB had followed your prescription, some opponent would have simply used their best defender to take away Fair's left hand, doubled MCW & Dirty, and sent the Orange home sometime during the first weekend.

The four perimeter guys are all threats to score 20 points in any given game, so they all have to take shots (even when they are not dropping) in order to keep defenses honest. Although the Orange may end up having had the best player on the floor every game in this run (MCW), this is a true team unit, not a star-driven one. It all falls apart if any of them becomes either a ball stopper or a shot-avoider.

The four perimeter guys are all threats to score 20 points in any given game, so they all have to take shots (even when they are not dropping) in order to keep defenses honest.
You beg the question twice in one sentence

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foxda130

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom