I know I am not supposed to say this... | Syracusefan.com

I know I am not supposed to say this...

cto

Administrator
... but I love Kyle Guy ..

His progression from pony tail .. to man bun ... to crew cut ... went along with his progression to being UVA's best player in the UVA/Purdue game. He's my fave non-SU player

Last edited:

His progression from pony tail .. to man bun ... to crew cut ... Went along with his progression to being UVA's best player in the UVA/Purdue game. He's my fave non-SU player

I like Guy, but was also really, really impressed by Carson Edwards.

Guy is a heck of a player, not just a long range sniper. He played good D on that Klein kid, rebounded on both the offensive and defensive ends and had some tough putbacks. He has no fear and his conditioning is great too. Did he ever sit?

Edwards is a phenomenal shooter, not just good. He was impressive.

I respect the hell out of Guy. He is a great player. I’d want him on my team all day every day.

Jerome,meh,not so much.

Yup, Guy is a player. Jerome almost blew it for UVA towards the end of regulation in 2 straight plays. Feel dumb because I thought that Hunter took that shot towards the end of regulation way too early giving Purdue control of the ball and the shot clock. Unbelievable gutsy shot by Diakite to save the day for them.

Yup, Guy is a player. Jerome almost blew it for UVA towards the end of regulation in 2 straight plays. Feel dumb because I thought that Hunter took that shot towards the end of regulation way too early giving Purdue control of the ball and the shot clock. Unbelievable gutsy shot by Diakite to save the day for them.

Haarms got caught ball-watching. Easy for me to say.

His progression from pony tail .. to man bun ... to crew cut ... went along with his progression to being UVA's best player in the UVA/Purdue game. He's my fave non-SU player
More than you liked Mike Nardi?

Reactions: cto
I respect the hell out of Guy. He is a great player. I’d want him on my team all day every day.

Jerome,meh,not so much.
Ty Jerome is their best player. Can score anywhere from 25 feet in. He did not have his best ballgame of all-time last night. But when the chips are down, ball is in his hands.

Last edited:
Ty Jerome is their best player. Can score anywhere from 25 foot in. He did not have his best ballgame of all-time last night. But when the chips are down, ball is in his hands.

He commits an offensive foul every time he goes to the basket.

No doubt he’s a stud but I think he gets in to hero ball mode sometimes.
For as much as he had the ball in his hands last night, he had the same number of assists as me. ZERO!

Kline was very passive last night. He almost seemed intimidated.

You may be right. I think everyone was caught up in the David vs. Goliath story. It felt like they all believed if Purdue was to win, Edwards was the guy who would take them there. If I'm Cline, I don't want to be the one who jacked up a few misses while everything Edwards tossed up was going in, only to lose by a point or two. I mean, he does have to go back to West Lafayette.

You always have had a crush on those scrappy guards:)

Reactions: cto
His progression from pony tail .. to man bun ...
no doubt he'll be a lottery pick this june in the NBA. National Barrista Association.

c3131fee102544a65aef3745c78735a7--happy-coffee-cup-of-coffee.jpg

Guy is a heck of a player, not just a long range sniper. He played good D on that Klein kid, rebounded on both the offensive and defensive ends and had some tough putbacks. He has no fear and his conditioning is great too. Did he ever sit?

Edwards is a phenomenal shooter, not just good. He was impressive.

^This.

The story of how that game was won lies in Guy's refusal to be subsumed by a remarkable individual performance. True he made shots at important points to answer Edwards, but he did more than that. Where Edwards almost became his whole team, Guy instead rallied his team around him by doing more than just running up numbers. That's why his team won.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom