I know we're all disappointed... | Syracusefan.com

I know we're all disappointed...

A Clockwork Orange

2022 Cali Winner (Overall Record)
But honestly, this team just isn't that good. It doesn't have the parts to compete for long stretches. The team also seems to come up little in the biggest spots, both as a team and individually. Marquette is a good team, and they are solid at home.

If this team makes it past the first weekend I'll be pleasantly surprised. Sucks because I'm going to the BET this year, and they just aren't all that fun to watch or root for.

They're also a pretty bad road team. Too often they show a lack of composure and and lack of toughness, both mental and physical.

Yup.. Just not enough consistency in key areas to do anything in march. Atleast when the cuse lose in the tourney I won't be a depressed slouch for two weeks like the year they lost to butler. God I loved that team

They're also a pretty bad road team. Too often they show a lack of composure and and lack of toughness, both mental and physical.
Actually, they're a pretty good road team, save the Pitt game.

But overall they aren't that good

Marquette isn't good, we're just worse.

Actually, they're a pretty good road team, save the Pitt game.

But overall they aren't that good

And Nova, Temple, UConn.

Played like crap at Providence and USF, too.

Matchups and stripes. Now more than ever that is college basketball.

I wholeheartedly agree! As a fan I want to be entertained and have fun watching/attending games. Of course, I like it when SU wins and is a top team, but I can even accept losses if we play well.

Before this year, the last team I remember not being excited to watch was the year of Donte Greene. This year I have rarely been excited while watching a game. Even when I was at the game last Saturday I was disappointed. I have been to 10-15 games of 20,000 in the Dome with a more energetic and fun crowd than on Saturday.

Win or lose I just want to have fun watching a game and I have been missing that this year. That is my sob story!

The reason we lose games has more to do with the fact that we have zero defensive awareness. It seems every game we allow a guy to get his career high. Gardner manhandled us today.

The reason we lose games has more to do with the fact that we have zero defensive awareness. It seems every game we allow a guy to get his career high. Gardner manhandled us today.

Come on, it's only happened five times this year !

We need to stop recruiting Mickey D AA bigs. Not doing us a bit of good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And Nova, Temple, UConn.

Played like crap at Providence and USF, too.
Not sure I'd call Temple a road game.
We should have won that Nova game honestly though...

Not sure I'd call Temple a road game.
We should have won that Nova game honestly though...

I think that this team plays poorly away from the Dome. Just not tough enough, IMO.

they could have easily won the Nova game, if they made a conscious effort to rebound.

But honestly, this team just isn't that good. It doesn't have the parts to compete for long stretches. The team also seems to come up little in the biggest spots, both as a team and individually. Marquette is a good team, and they are solid at home.

If this team makes it past the first weekend I'll be pleasantly surprised. Sucks because I'm going to the BET this year, and they just aren't all that fun to watch or root for.

Careful, I said "this team isn't fun to watch" 3 weeks ago and every Orange Kool Aid homer in here ripped me to shreds.

And for the record, they AREN'T fun to watch... They weren't then and they aren't now.

Bonehead mistakes, lack of toughness on the glass, and ridiculous shot selection are anything but fun to watch.

I think that this team plays poorly away from the Dome. Just not tough enough, IMO.

they could have easily won the Nova game, if they made a conscious effort to rebound.
Louisville and Arkansas haven't lost at home all year except against us.
Marquette hasn't lost at home in 30 games.
We beat SDSU on a friggin' ship in San Diego.

I think we can win away from the Dome...

Matchups and stripes. Now more than ever that is college basketball.
then let's start with the whole coaching staff,ours seem to be on cruise control,other staffs want to dictate the tempo

Louisville and Arkansas haven't lost at home all year except against us.
Marquette hasn't lost at home in 30 games.
We beat SDSU on a friggin' ship in San Diego.

I think we can win away from the Dome...

We CAN win away from the Dome. I just don't think this team plays well away from the Dome.

Had an 11-pt first half lead, and a 7-pt second half lead, and pissed both away with urgency. That's not the mark of a good team.

We should thank Siva for doing his best MCW impersonation at the end of the UL game.

then let's start with the whole coaching staff,ours seem to be on cruise control,other staffs want to dictate the tempo

The last 2 teams we played wanted to grind it out and take their chances it would work. It did.

not throwing stones at anybody but there was a post early in the year (i don't remember who posted it) when we beat up every directional, crap school in the country, that said sit back and enjoy this team or something along those lines. Again not calling anybody out but what jumped out at me early was the number of crap teams we had to press to blow out.

i can't go through every game but many teams with lesser talent hung with us for long stretches until we pressed. we were bigger, faster & stronger but not a better team. when competition gets better we can no longer do that.

somebody with a better memory can rehash each game but it seemed we relied on the press way to much early this year against lesser teams. when you play teams with somewhat equal talent (and i do not believe there is one player on marquette we would recruit) you can not simply rely on being bigger, faster and stronger. we have no room for error, and when you play slow like we do the errors are magnified.

Agree. They're just not that good. This team reminds of the the teams we had before we went on this mini-run of #1 ranked teams, etc. We're a Sweet 16 ceiling team. A 4 seed. That's it. We had a great time last year. This year we're down a bit. Not a big deal. We were overrated from the start of the season.

Yeah, nothing about Marquette's game was really impressive.
I wish our guys played with the same sense of urgency and balls to the wall attitude that Marquette exhibited. They played to win, we just played. Hustle and intensity can win you games.

Yeah, nothing about Marquette's game was really impressive.
I wish our guys played with the same sense of urgency and balls to the wall attitude that Marquette exhibited. They played to win, we just played. Hustle and intensity can win you games.

Oh, I agree. I just don't see much emotion or a sense of urgency when they play on he road.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom