I know we're all disappointed... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I know we're all disappointed...

I wish our guys played with the same sense of urgency and balls to the wall attitude that Marquette exhibited. They played to win, we just played. Hustle and intensity can win you games.

I'd rather they play under control, which they did most of the game except for the two disastrous runs that let Marquette back in the game and then, of course, during the desparation minutes at the end. Take away those two brain cramps on defense and I think we could have kept a lid on the crowd -- despite the FT disparity.-VBOF

But honestly, this team just isn't that good. It doesn't have the parts to compete for long stretches. The team also seems to come up little in the biggest spots, both as a team and individually. Marquette is a good team, and they are solid at home.

If this team makes it past the first weekend I'll be pleasantly surprised. Sucks because I'm going to the BET this year, and they just aren't all that fun to watch or root for.

Disappointed as I am, I'd much - much - rather watch this team in New York than that 2006 team that got drummed by DePaul.

And we know how that one turned out.

not throwing stones at anybody but there was a post early in the year (i don't remember who posted it) when we beat up every directional, crap school in the country, that said sit back and enjoy this team or something along those lines. Again not calling anybody out but what jumped out at me early was the number of crap teams we had to press to blow out.

i can't go through every game but many teams with lesser talent hung with us for long stretches until we pressed. we were bigger, faster & stronger but not a better team. when competition gets better we can no longer do that.

somebody with a better memory can rehash each game but it seemed we relied on the press way to much early this year against lesser teams. when you play teams with somewhat equal talent (and i do not believe there is one player on marquette we would recruit) you can not simply rely on being bigger, faster and stronger. we have no room for error, and when you play slow like we do the errors are magnified.

You're right. I remember that sentiment and I disagreed fervently.

Our style of play just wasn't sustainable. It was fun at times, but there was no way we were going to carry that into league play.

Yep, we are pretty good, but unfortunately are missing some key parts, particularly a go-to guy. Brace for a short March run. Of course with better subbing and more emphasis on an inside game (upon Coleman's return), who knows. Maybe JB can squeeze a bit more out of this team, but I'm not expecting it. Hardly the condition for making a big entry splash into the ACC.

Will we be better next year? In the backcourt we lose Trishe and probably MCW and we get a good Frosh in Tyler Ennis. However, a net loss I would say. Up front we lose Southerland and get Gbinije. I would call that a wash. Of course the other guys will be a bit stronger by next year, but overall not a huge advance. The Frosh forwards we landed are no McDAAs and will have little impact right away.

Enjoy what we got. We are a ways off from another title run.

I think that this team plays poorly away from the Dome. Just not tough enough, IMO.

they could have easily won the Nova game, if they made a conscious effort to rebound.

I haven't been more pissed about a L since Butler. That Nova game was disgraceful how we finished that game. Like 3 or 4 straight turnovers in the last few minutes or something? MCW mostly. All we needed was to get to the FT line and score like 1 freaking point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom