I know why we aren't Penn State or Ohio State and never will be | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I know why we aren't Penn State or Ohio State and never will be

Yeah because I'm sure Syracuse has never done anything like that. Get real people, this is D1 football. If you ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin.
Let me guess--you're from, or live in, SEC country.

Losing Bleymaier will have a tremendous impact on Boise, just look at the history of the program during his tenure. He took them from recently joining 1-AA to winning a national championship on that level, jumping to 1-A and then within 10 years beating Oklahoma in the Fiesta. Along the way he had Houston Nutt, Dirk Koetter, Dan Hawkins and now Petersen for coaches. Boise has excelled because of good leaders, we just need Marrone to prove to be that for Syracuse.

We more need to emulate USC and Stanford than anyone else.

Also, super rich donors are nice.

Let me guess--you're from, or live in, SEC country.

Moved to Alabama from Syracuse a few weeks ago, but that doesn't matter. It's unfortunate that college sports have come to this point but it's been going on for a while. Schools are going to do anything they can to field a competitive team with all this money on the line. Every school in D1 cheats to some extent, the bigger ones just seem to do it more than others. The NCAA likes to go hard after the little programs, like SMU and Boise while the big ones like OSU, Oregon and Miami get slaps on the wrist.

Boise cheats with their camouflage smurf turf that is the identical blue to their entire uniform. The blue is an unusual color and certainly gives them an advantage on the field as it is the only one of its kind in the FBS, now that they've been winning in the spotlight for a number of years their recruiting has improved vastly and now they are a power. They also have a great coach.

But they got there with that smurf turf.

We more need to emulate USC and Stanford than anyone else.

Also, super rich donors are nice.
California weather doesn't hurt either.

Why can't we be Oklahoma st? We can be just as good as any one in the country. Don't know why so many in Syracuse have such negative attitudes. We have in the past and will have again in the very near future a very good football program. We will be good this year
T. Boone Pickens, we have no boosters with that type of money to spend.
However, we can and will get back to the Orange when Mac had us rolling!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom