I like our Chances vs. SoCal | Syracusefan.com

I like our Chances vs. SoCal

Saltine44Retro

Walk On
This team is loaded with talent, jjust needs to Jell... and I think they have jelled nicely in the past two games. I think that with USoCal in a Down year, and us on clearly an UPswing, we are in good position for a so-called- "upset". At the very least, anyway, we are sure to show a good showing, I'm positive of this. When the world sees our fans support, the orange-wearers in the crowd, and then when HCDM leads this team to give the Trojans a real fight and probably beat them, the world will know we are gamers. Even if we lose (and I don't think we will) it will be a hard fought game with us scoring TD's and showing what we are capable of. Nassib has one of the best arms I seen ever at Syracuse.

And also, one other thing too - people think "oh big deal you beat cupcakes" - um excuse me but Wake is showing to be a clear leader in the ACC and their QB is awesome, we STILL beat them. And URI is definitely a BCS caliper team, they will be in an auto-bid conference very soon no doubt and probably dominate. But we even beat THEM anyway!

I know lots even of Syracuse fans might disagree, but I think we're looking at 3-0! The only game I'm actually woriied about is Toledo cuz that will be a trap game after a big win, and Toledo is seriously on the level of Ohio State U, if you seen the game you know what I'm talkin about.

Go Cuse beat those TROJANS!!!

And also, one other thing too - people think "oh big deal you beat cupcakes" - um excuse me but Wake is showing to be a clear leader in the ACC and their QB is awesome, we STILL beat them. And URI is definitely a BCS caliper team, they will be in an auto-bid conference very soon no doubt and probably dominate. But we even beat THEM anyway!

Ok. Enthusiasm is appreciated. But Wake is not a "clear leader" in the ACC, they beat NC State. Their "awesome" QB was injured in our game and wasn't playing when we made our comeback. URI is not a "BCS-Caliper" team, nor are they "BCS-Caliber", nor will they be in an auto-bid conference in any time in the future.

I assume you're either a troll or you're at the level of CuseFootballFanatic or Mantonio with the delusional ability here...

Agreed, nothing wrong with optimisim... I have no idea what will happen but hopefully a good game and a Cuse win...go cuse

I admit I am an over-optimist, and I certainly don't expect everyone to aggree with my beliefs, but I thought I was clear about that, but anyway I don't expect people to jump n the old 'we're gonna beat USC' bandwagon with me but I would thnk that at least a lot of 'Cuse fans would agree with me we're gonna give them one hella fight and PROVE to the league that we are BACK, just a little more honing some skills and HCDM has us back in action.

Like I said maybe we don't win (but I think we do) but we will put up a good show - people will see us pushing through there lines, scoring against them, sacking their QB etc. Even if we lose we will have a hard fought game and show the league we are back to play. Don't you think?

PS - I think Wake is a hella good team and they beat a premier program in NC State - the wolfpack are a good team too. Maybe the're no VirginaTech who is THE premier of the ACC but they are up there - am I wrong?
PSS - not a troll but maybe I'm like those other guys you mentioned if they are over-optimistical about SU Football - sorry but call me a homer! lolmao

I admit I am an over-optimist, and I certainly don't expect everyone to aggree with my beliefs, but I thought I was clear about that, but anyway I don't expect people to jump n the old 'we're gonna beat USC' bandwagon with me but I would thnk that at least a lot of 'Cuse fans would agree with me we're gonna give them one hella fight and PROVE to the league that we are BACK, just a little more honing some skills and HCDM has us back in action.

Like I said maybe we don't win (but I think we do) but we will put up a good show - people will see us pushing through there lines, scoring against them, sacking their QB etc. Even if we lose we will have a hard fought game and show the league we are back to play. Don't you think?

PS - I think Wake is a hella good team and they beat a premier program in NC State - the wolfpack are a good team too. Maybe the're no VirginaTech who is THE premier of the ACC but they are up there - am I wrong?
PSS - not a troll but maybe I'm like those other guys you mentioned if they are over-optimistical about SU Football - sorry but call me a homer! lolmao

No problem with optimism, i bet SU in this game because I think we win outright. Just saying your thoughts on Wake and RI were a bit out there. Most of us here think we'll give them a heck of a fight but after the last two games you can understand why people might not...

We are in over our heads against this team. On paper this is a mismatch beyond belief. Having said that with a few breaks anything can happen and i actually agree for some insane reason that only my inner Cali knows that we are going to give them all they can handle. Go Cuse!!

We are in over our heads against this team. On paper this is a mismatch beyond belief. Having said that with a few breaks anything can happen and i actually agree for some insane reason that only my inner Cali knows that we are going to give them all they can handle. Go Cuse!!
Why? Because their recruiting classes were ranked high? We have the edge in the most important area - coaching.

Why? Because their recruiting classes were ranked high? We have the edge in the most important area - coaching.

Nope...they just have better players. You can admit that and still be a Syracuse fan...not to say we don't have a chance, but c'mon...they have better talent.

Nope...they just have better players. You can admit that and still be a Syracuse fan...not to say we don't have a chance, but c'mon...they have better talent.
They do but it's not a "mismatch beyond belief". We aren't playing the 2007 Patriots Offense mixed with the Steel Curtain defenses. We're playing an unranked USC team.

they would not be unranked if it was all about talent.. they have top 10 talent..

Ok. Enthusiasm is appreciated. But Wake is not a "clear leader" in the ACC, they beat NC State. Their "awesome" QB was injured in our game and wasn't playing when we made our comeback. URI is not a "BCS-Caliper" team, nor are they "BCS-Caliber", nor will they be in an auto-bid conference in any time in the future.

I assume you're either a troll or you're at the level of CuseFootballFanatic or Mantonio with the delusional ability here...

Why are bringing me into this?

I speak optimistically, NOT dilusionally...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom