I love the fact that numbers issued to new players | Syracusefan.com

I love the fact that numbers issued to new players

CaliCuse

All American
Of course 44 remains our number onenumber in that regard. Not nearly as significant bur Doug's old number 76 has been issued to Kyle Knapp. He has come in with a good resume and maybe a little bit of a wink given to fans with the number issued. Devante has been given 29 and Morris #27 Nothing radically significant there but 29 is a bit of recent quality at RB!:eek:

And last year, Ian Allport wore #76. Sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar.

I've been told HCDM hates dealing with numbers- players wanting to change numbers (or being upset with their issued number) annoys him to no end.

DM was very much involved with given a certain # to a certain player this past year.

And last year, Ian Allport wore #76. Sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar.

I've been told HCDM hates dealing with numbers- players wanting to change numbers (or being upset with their issued number) annoys him to no end.
OK ! You know I like Doug but there is a "but"Some of hi issues like star ratings go a bit to far in the opposite direction of the norm. I might love to have said to him when face to face just before he took over the team that the top schools in the country bring in those kids with the 5 and 4 star ratings with regularity. You might not like the system but you ,Doug should wake up to the reality that surrounds the ratings system. Sure you can find these gems that are unpolished and under the radar and coach up but regardles the high star kid is going to be way higher on the totem pole when it comes to success.