I LOVE the position we're in | Syracusefan.com

I LOVE the position we're in

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
It's not often that a Top 5 team can legitimately fly under the radar as an underdog and play the "Nobody believes in us!" card without having to lie to themselves.

Get ready for back to back Final Four appearances.

It's not often that a Top 5 team can legitimately fly under the radar as an underdog and play the "Nobody believes in us!" card without having to lie to themselves.

Get ready for back to back Final Four appearances.

Yeah, I don't care about the AP poll. It's inherently biased based on previous bias. All I care about is the team was playing really well yesterday!

I seriously do not get it at all. We have 4 regular season loses. 2 without one of our most important players and 1 was @Duke (where we basically won). I just cannot fathom how teams like Nova, who we beat by 20, and Kansas, with their 8 losses, are ahead of us.

I seriously do not get it at all. We have 4 regular season loses. 2 without one of our most important players and 1 was @Duke (where we basically won). I just cannot fathom how teams like Nova, who we beat by 20, and Kansas, with their 8 losses, are ahead of us.

I read somewhere that playing Binghamton and teams with really high SOS's hurts us. I can't seem to find where I read it though.

It makes no sense to me either. Since the regular season is complete, I try not to worry about the AP/Coaches polls & all the bracketoligists out there, but Lunardi seeding a 4 loss ACC team as a 3 seed irritates me. Would it have been better if we lost all of our games in the middle of the season ala Wisconsin? I'm at a loss as to how we're ranked where we are.

Would it have been better if we lost all of our games in the middle of the season ala Wisconsin?
For perception purposes now, yes.

But remember - body of work.

For perception purposes now, yes.

But remember - body of work.

I was asking the question sarcastically (couldn't you tell by how I typed? ;)) I'm in complete agreement with you. The committee does not take into account last 10 or last 12 games anymore, or so they say. If that is the case, there is no way on God's gren earth that SU is lower than a 2 seed.

It's a what have you done for me lately mentality. Very short sided memory. Not seeing the big picture. I hear ya.

We aren't flying under the radar this weekend. I suspect Miami or NCState will be waiting for another shot at us. If we take care of business, neither should be a problem...Can't wait to get to Greensboro!

I'm not sure that flying under the radar(if it were the case) would help us in any way, it generally causes us to play a tougher team in the big dance. It might help those who bet on us, slightly. It isn't like we've dropped out of the rankings or possibly too much further than we deserve to be until Grant re-establishes his health for more than one game. Before the FSU game, some here said we were playing like an unranked team...worse than many unranked teams. Here's to hoping we can prove all the the voters wrong by winning the ACC Tournament. LGO!!

What's not to get?

There's losses... then their BAD losses... The BC loss was easily the worst regular season loss since Depaul, and given our rank, historically worse.

You can't put up 4 losses with two abomination losses like that this time of year and not drop like an anchor.

it's better to have everyone believe in you than nobody. those teams are better.