I love this picture that DC tweeted today, but... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I love this picture that DC tweeted today, but...

If only we had a point guard in this picture that year, sigh...
That was the plan. His name was Kenny Anderson. Ga. Tech bought him late in the process. If Anderson was at SU to be a part of the above photo, there's a good chance DC wouldn't be tweeting that one today. He'd be tweeting a better one that showed the five of them on the court in Denver holding cut pieces of nylon and a championship trophy. That team conceivably could have made the Final Four anyway had another pretty talented PG, Earl Duncan, not transferred. For a program that had an abundance of talent at other positions in that era, it was a tragedy Michael Edwards was the best we could do as a Plan B for point guard in 1989-90. Not that I think about it often...

That was the plan. His name was Kenny Anderson. Ga. Tech bought him late in the process. If Anderson was at SU to be a part of the above photo, there's a good chance DC wouldn't be tweeting that one today. He'd be tweeting a better one that showed the five of them on the court in Denver holding cut pieces of nylon and a championship trophy. That team conceivably could have made the Final Four anyway had another pretty talented PG, Earl Duncan, not transferred. For a program that had an abundance of talent at other positions in that era, it was a tragedy Michael Edwards was the best we could do as a Plan B for point guard in 1989-90. Not that I think about it often...
Everyone should read this entire article about Mike Edwards. Just click the X and you should be able to read it without paying. Hope Mike is still doing well.

That tree trunk near LeRon Ellis' waist is making me uncomfortable.

Ha.

There is a great libel case from the 1930's involving a similar photo in a Camel cigarettes ad.
It involved a steeplechase jockey who literally made a federal case out of it.

I won't include the photo.
But it's easy to find if you Google: Crawford Burton Camel cigarettes when you feel all in...
and then click on images.

Ugh...

Still gives me a headache thinking about it. The inception of my visceral hatred for Bobby Cremins.

Ha.

There is a great libel case from the 1930's involving a similar photo in a Camel cigarettes ad.
It involved a steeplechase jockey who literally made a federal case out of it.

I won't include the photo.
But it's easy to find if you Google: Crawford Burton Camel cigarettes when you feel all in...
and then click on images.

Wow, that is a wild photo.

xv2pcs1w3y271.png
I'm tempted to sign up with another nic so I can like this again. :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online