I love what Eric Dungey has done for Syracuse Football! | Syracusefan.com

I love what Eric Dungey has done for Syracuse Football!

While I agree, he did have some help. He clearly is the heart of the team and no one can take that away from him.

Did Eric's dad come to the bowl game? The camera was on his mom and brother many times.

He is a once-in-generation type player and I fear that some still don’t get that.

They will.

Dungey got us over the hump and helped us turn the corner. He was passed over by the then better schools because they got the QBs with their measurables. However, Dungey is proof that the intangibles are as important as the tangibles. Remember, Jeff George was a great QB on paper. He had no heart and no team mindedness. ED was not as stellar on paper, but made up for it with leadership, drive and a team mentality.

He is a once-in-generation type player and I fear that some still don’t get that.

They will.
Yep...as I've said many times, there is sooooo much more to playing the position than "arm talent".

There is a distinct possibility that we take a step back next year, especially if the OL doesn't step up.

They will.

No doubt. Amazing leader and player. Most fun player to watch and root for since McNabb for me, and an incredible competitor. At the same time, just like we had McPherson, Graves, and McNabb for 9 of the 12 seasons in our great 87-98 run...we can and will have other really good QBs.