I love you Gerry Cooney! | Syracusefan.com

I love you Gerry Cooney!

Rocco

Watching you.
33 points. Nine 3's. 4 steals.

What a shooting performance and how great was it that they kept showing McNamara loving it on the bench. He has worked so hard with Trevor, and boy is it showing. Kid is playing awesome all over the court.

My 15 month old is officially blabbing "Coooooney". So is this little guy.

m25c0.jpg

Watch cooneys misses. Even when he does 99 percent are dead nuts just short, a little long or rim out. Dude has perfect form.

I doubt even those on this board who were confident that he would be a good player for us this year thought he would be this good.

Rocco said:
Exactly. As someone else said, we "out-white-boy'd" the Irish. Love it.

I am but a nameless and thankless cog in the syracusefan machine. Like a dirty pee trough at half time.

If you are Notre Dame, how bad do you hate GMac??

Here is a guy who claimed to be a life long Notre Dame fan and yet for some reason decides to go to Syracuse. Then he absolutely abuses you for 4 solid years (and if you remember Gerry against ND, he was just ruthless). Then when this bastage is finally gone, what does he do? He goes out and finds a clone of himself, trains him up and then turns him loose on you while maniacally laughing his ass off on the bench!

It has to be absolutely maddening.

jordoo said:
I doubt even those on this board who were confident that he would be a good player for us this year thought he would be this good.

Count me in that crowd. I'm a huge supporter of his because I love kids who bust a nut in the off season and all I heard about was his workouts all summer.

Someone asked me preseason what I thought Cooney would be like this season. I knew he would start and said so many times. But I had him pegged for about 24mpg averaging about 10ppg and hitting a couple 3's a game. Something like 2/5 for 40%. So no, I didn't imagine he'd have this kind of impact. And he's been so much more than just a long range threat.

As if Cooney's performance could be any better, he now has exactly 444 career points.

He also moved from 4th to 2nd in career points on this team, leapfrogging Grant and Christmas.

Here is a guy who claimed to be a life long Notre Dame fan and yet for some reason decides to go to Syracuse. Then he absolutely abuses you for 4 solid years (and if you remember Gerry against ND, he was just ruthless). Then when this bastage is finally gone, what does he do? He goes out and finds a clone of himself, trains him up and then turns him loose on you while maniacally laughing his ass off on the bench!

Lmaooooooo

100% true. Well said.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom