I love your quarterback | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

I love your quarterback

His legacy will be impacted by how the QB plays next year. IF TD comes out and is lights out and our offense looks more efficient and fluid, the legacy doesn't grow as fast. He has made his mark for sur
Disagree,
I think if TD has a great few years his legacy is cemented further. The continued growth will make his name connected with Dinos as having brought SU football back. If the program tanked, well not so much.

Oh this threads heating up
Got people out here questioning my love for Eric. I consider that offensive. Been pro dungey since day 1. Love that man.

CORRECT! Talking about those with no affiliation to Syracuse.

Not sure why I’m having to explain this so much

Look, I said I misread your post a bit - but it also wasn't super clear that you were referring to non-Syracuse fans, either.

So you could have read my post saying I misread it and then noticed that you were unclear and then offered a mea culpa back my way and we'd be square

but it's fine. we can keep talking about it

My first thought about Eric is that his parents did a great job raising him. They must be very proud.

It is great he has been an outstanding player here but the most impressive thing to me is he well he has handled adversity.

He must have been incredibly frustrated, more than once, when he thought he could play and was not allowed to. It had to be really tempting to go public and say a bunch of negative things.

The way he handled getting benched during his senior season was textbook. He could have split the team in two by fighting it but chose to accept it and work even harder to get his job back.

Regardless of what unfolds down in Orlando in a couple of weeks, he is going to go down as one of the top 5 most popular players in the history of the program.

As Dino likes to say, they will be telling tall tales about Eric Dungey for a long time to come.

My first thought about Eric is that his parents did a great job raising him. They must be very proud.

It is great he has been an outstanding player here but the most impressive thing to me is he well he has handled adversity.

He must have been incredibly frustrated, more than once, when he thought he could play and was not allowed to. It had to be really tempting to go public and say a bunch of negative things.

The way he handled getting benched during his senior season was textbook. He could have split the team in two by fighting it but chose to accept it and work even harder to get his job back.

Regardless of what unfolds down in Orlando in a couple of weeks, he is going to go down as one of the top 5 most popular players in the history of the program.

As Dino likes to say, they will be telling tall tales about Eric Dungey for a long time to come.
As a person who goes back to Brown, and Ridlon, Dungey is among the 10 most important players in our program. As Dino said, you don't go into battle without your Warrior.

Look, I said I misread your post a bit - but it also wasn't super clear that you were referring to non-Syracuse fans, either.

So you could have read my post saying I misread it and then noticed that you were unclear and then offered a mea culpa back my way and we'd be square

but it's fine. we can keep talking about it

We got couscuse here. Anything goes.

I can see some people not liking him too. As much as we love the competitiveness, he’s gotten into trouble over the years where the passion goes a bit far leading to insportsmanlkke conduct stuff

you've written some great posts over the years, but when your brain doesn't work while your fingers do, well...not-so-smart stuff happens.

you've written some great posts over the years, but when your brain doesn't work while your fingers do, well...not-so-smart stuff happens.

Are you referring to me?

Dungey will be that guy I get to tell the grandkids about that helped to bring Syracuse back and of course that 15ft bear he took out ;)
The kid has been amazing for our program, he is beyond appreciative of the fans and the support we have given him. We where over the moon happy after meeting him at the spring game and he was wonderful with all three of our kids. I don't know if I'll be able to change my avatar at the start of next season.

Did I ever tell you about the time Eric Dungey and I walked down Marshall Street? So we're just casually strolling along, enjoying a nice evening and each other's company, when suddenly the night sky is broken by a pillar of bright light. The light engulfs us, and we start levitating. Well, I'm strongly considering wetting myself and I look over to Eric Dungey to see how he's doing, and wouldn't you know, he's yawning! So we enter the UFO and are met by a delegation of aliens that inform us that we have been selected for analysis and research by their race. Before the main alien finishes, Eric Dungey murders him with a single punch to his center throat (he had 5) and says "According to Statute 9 section XII part A of the Intergalactic Treaty I have deposed of your leader and am hereby designated as Supreme Star Commander."

And that's how we colonized Mars on behalf of Earth.

Attachments

• Hello Boys Im Back.gif
    Hello Boys Im Back.gif
    1,010.6 KB · Views: 10
All I know is that Millhouse once told me if he were Dungey's center, there'd be no shotgun allowed.
A little late to the party, but why is Millhouse and Chip's orientation a constant inside joke? Coming out was a big deal 20 years ago. Today it's a bigger deal when people announce that they're straight.

A little late to the party, but why is Millhouse and Chip's orientation a constant inside joke? Coming out was a big deal 20 years ago. Today it's a bigger deal when people announce that they're straight.

If people want to start making straight jokes about me, who am I to stand in their way.

You can start with Gail Gadot and work your way down from there.

CORRECT! Talking about those with no affiliation to Syracuse.

Not sure why I’m having to explain this so much
Because any apparent criticism of Dungey hits a raw nerve and people respond before taking the time to look at context.

Because any apparent criticism of Dungey hits a raw nerve and people respond before taking the time to look at context.
I wasn’t even being critical. Love Eric.

Go orange, all.

“He’s helped bring back Syracuse football to relevance, holds most of our records, carried himself off the field in a way that made the school proud, and made some of the most iconic plays in the last 20 years ... but man, he was a little too fired up at times for my liking”

Forgot to finish it with

Said nobody ever

I can’t wait to tell tales of Dungey to my grandkids and how he brought this program back to be one the premier Football schools in the country!!

Probably because this long running board joke started around 20 years ago.

About the time Swish discovered pony rides and PeteCalvin’s mom was en fuego.