I may be done. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I may be done.

This is correct. I've been following this team for 25 years and it finally hit me today, we're an awful program and we are not coming back. The team we saw tonight is just what we are now, a joke.

I won't go that far. Any program can come back. It's just not easy.

Greg Robinson being hired set this program back 10 years. I said it back then and will continue to say it even though people have said I am crazy.

Marrone's first game we played Minnesota into overtime with Paulus as our QB. Tonight Minny beat us in every facet of the game.

Greg Robinson being hired set this program back 10 years. I said it back then and will continue to say it even though people have said I am crazy.

Yes because all the penalties, turnovers and bullspit play calls tonight are because Grob coached here 4 years ago

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

It's Marrone's 4th year, when does his accountability start?

Oh I hear you. I just said back when Captain Kangaroo was hired that this would kill the program and the next guy who replaced him would need a miracle to get it fixed.

Yes because all the penalties, turnovers and bullspit play calls tonight are because Grob coached here 4 years ago

Logs on the fire Bees. I know you were a fan and I'm not starting a pissing contest but he ruined Syracuse football.

Oh I hear you. I just said back when Captain Kangaroo was hired that this would kill the program and the next guy who replaced him would need a miracle to get it fixed.
Nobody expects SU to win the conference or play for a national title. But winning 6 games and going to one of the hundred of crappy bowls isn't asking for alot. Doug has Failed.

No miracle needed for that. Bar is set low

I think we just need a great coach to fix things.

I've seen great coaches. We don't have a great coach.

I think we just need a great coach to fix things.

I've seen great coaches. We don't have a great coach.

Were not paying so it isnt happening.

We don't need to hire Saban or Miles. There are quality coaches out there in the MAC and such who could come in and do a better job than Doug.

Big names demand money. You can find a quality coach that won't ask for the moon

He still makes a million dollars a year. Who here makes that? How about a Mac coach? Who cares if they used it as a stepping stone as long as they win.

Accountability is also with Gross - if Marrone goes, then Gross must be fired as well for overseeing this mess. I'd still give Marrone one more year so all the recruits are his and we could say we gave him all the opportunity in the world to do the job. That type of commitment is what we may need to show to even attract an average coach. Could have lots of changes coming up if Marrone and Gross are fired and JB retires in the next few years.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

How much would it cost?

A good team would have 35 points against us tonight.
A Minnesota team with their #1 dual threat QB would have had 35 points tonight.

Marrone gets one more year because of Zach Allen.

in

To get a stud in here? $2-$2.5 million per season minimum.

We pretty much offered that to Edsall and Holtz. Tho they aren't good either.eirher

in

To get a stud in here? $2-$2.5 million per season minimum.

Nah you can do it for less. We are not stealing a HC from another Big 5 conference team. All the other HCs out there make between $500k and $1.5 million. I think we could use the ACC as leverage and get a good HC for $1.5-$1.75 million.

Butch Jones makes $1.2 million. Why get left behind in the BE?
Addazio $650k. If he goes 6-6 this year.
Matt Campbell $400k. If Toledo has a good year. He was the real brains behind their team last year.
Terry Bowden $450k. Big name
Tommy Bowden $0. Big name
Mark Stoops who is FSU's DC. Although his brother failed at Zona.

A MAC coach? That's the answer? I agree we need to spend some money to get a coach but hiring a MAC coach doesn't solve any problems. Maybe they do well and maybe they don't, it's so much more of a guessing game then hiring a proven commodity. Turner Gill was supposed to be the next great coach.

Look at what jerry kill has done at every program he he been to. By year 3 or 4 he has 8 to 9 wins. Forget about grob. That excuse is used up. This is all on current staff that some here want to offer an extension to.

The next coach needs to be someone with previous college head coaching experience. No more "learning on the job" type stuff as we have had to suffer with under GROB and DOUG. I don't care if the guy is from the MAC, WAC, Mountain West, CUSA. As long as whoever we go with has some head coaching experience.