I may stand alone, but... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I may stand alone, but...

isnt it a little early to hit the crack pipe??

no way in hell lville does a 180 and goes to the bevo, none.
:crazy:

if the bevo wanted lville, they already wouldve taken them. they wont be offering.

bevo will now take byu and cincy.
Oh Lord

I don't think Bevo takes anyone until the endgame is upon us (if it ever is). Any incremental additions (i.e. 1 or 2 teams)to the Bevo will not trigger a renegotiation of the media rights deal, therefore two extra mouths to feed most likely means less for Daddy Dodds. In the interim, with the ND addition, ESPN is recalibrating its deal with the ACC. The $17 million per team may be $18 or $19 million per team in a few months.

So if the B12 calls up the LVille AD tomorrow and says, hey, you're invited. Are you coming, yes or no? Do you think LVille jumps to the B12? I think they would.

You are wrong.

The $ differential between the conferences is small, and will shrink even further.

UL just got a HUGE boost to the prestige of their school. That is worth real dollars to them.

The $ differential between the conferences is small, and will shrink even further.

Are we sure about that? I've seen so many numbers tossed about in different articles. Just yesterday, CBS had an article (linked in other threads) that starting in 2014 and counting their bowl money, B12 teams will be getting $30m+. Various articles have pegged the ACC at anywhere between $15m (WashPo) and $23m. But I don't know if those numbers include the orange bowl cut. The WashPo article did discuss how the ACC TV deal is greatly back loaded.

I just don't know what is fact, what is estimates and what is fantasy. I also don't know what is apples to apples.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Are we sure about that? I've seen so many numbers tossed about in different articles. Just yesterday, CBS had an article (linked in other threads) that starting in 2014 and counting their bowl money, B12 teams will be getting $30m+. Various articles have pegged the ACC at anywhere between $15m (WashPo) and $23m. But I don't know if those numbers include the orange bowl cut. The WashPo article did discuss how the ACC TV deal is greatly back loaded.

I just don't know what is fact, what is estimates and what is fantasy. I also don't know what is apples to apples.

I think the $30M is an all in number. If i remember correctly the B12 tv contract was for like $23M or so per team. I could be wrong, but like you Bees i've seen so many numbers floated around i dont know whats fact.

I am probably in a minority of Cuse fans who does not despise UConn. Living in NJ, my hatred skews red. I am genuinely disappointed that hey are not joining us. Especially after Maryland left, I really was hoping for another regional rival with easy travel. I also felt that SU + UConn could potentially offset RU in the NY market, and that with BC, it could ensure the majority of the northeast would remain ACC country.

That said, I am happy for Ville fans. They have been left at the altar many times before, and are a very good top to bottom athletic program.

I hope that the southern football heavies are offering a renewed commitment to this conference in exchange for this vote.

I don't hate UConn fans. They are good people and we have had some great games with them. They are knowledgeable and have not been jerky toward us over the years. But hopefully everyone understands how leaving them behind is the best possible thing for our football future. There are only so many Division 1 caliber players in the tri-state area. That doesn't mean I despise them, although I'm sure there plenty of people over there who are sick of us.

I am probably in a minority of Cuse fans who does not despise UConn. Living in NJ, my hatred skews red. I am genuinely disappointed that hey are not joining us. Especially after Maryland left, I really was hoping for another regional rival with easy travel. I also felt that SU + UConn could potentially offset RU in the NY market, and that with BC, it could ensure the majority of the northeast would remain ACC country.

That said, I am happy for Ville fans. They have been left at the altar many times before, and are a very good top to bottom athletic program.

I hope that the southern football heavies are offering a renewed commitment to this conference in exchange for this vote.

You might be in the minority re: UCONN, but you're not alone.

Getting them in the ACC - and more importantly - not losing them to the B1G is important on all levels.

As much as I'm psyched about the possibility of maintaining the G'Town hoops rivalry, I don't wanna lose the UCONN one.

Here's to hoping they get the next life raft... and fast.

The Big 12 teams get $20 million per year for Tier 1 & 2 media rights, as well as $4 million minus expenses for the Sugar Bowl. The 10 teams are free to cut their own deals for Tier 3 multimedia deals. Some teams have deals said to be in the 2.5 to 3 million dollar range while Texas and, to a lesser degree, Oklahoma, expect much more. I think the only people who don't believe the $30 million figure is an educated guess of the AVERAGE for all 10 teams are people like the Dude of WV.

I can't say.

What I will say is that sometimes media reports gets dollars right, and sometimes they don't.

The people that need to know, know.

As a Syracuse fan, I'd prefer UConn. As an ACC member, I think Louisville is a better choice...Also,does anyone know how I get the moderators to change my name. I only (temporarily) changed my basketball allegiance.

I can't say.

What I will say is that sometimes media reports gets dollars right, and sometimes they don't.

The people that need to know, know.

I guess that's my point. That the difference may not be small. My gut feeling is that there is a $5m-$10M difference per team per year. Not that small.