I met John Wallace leaving the Garden after UConn | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I met John Wallace leaving the Garden after UConn

Big John was fantastic. I was in Denver for that run to the final 4. Never been to two more exciting games in my life. That run will always be #1 for me because I was in college for it. Something exciting experiencing that on campus.

Does anyone remember him either missing or having the flight delayed out to New Mexico for the first two rounds? Not sure how public that story got out but it was somewhat of a big deal for those in the know. Once he got there, he dominated the Pit!

Big John was fantastic. I was in Denver for that run to the final 4. Never been to two more exciting games in my life. That run will always be #1 for me because I was in college for it. Something exciting experiencing that on campus.

Does anyone remember him either missing or having the flight delayed out to New Mexico for the first two rounds? Not sure how public that story got out but it was somewhat of a big deal for those in the know. Once he got there, he dominated the Pit!

I remember that. Something about an alarm clock?

My wife and I saw John when he was taking a break during tryouts for the USA team at Colorado Springs Olympic Center.
We told him we were big fans and season ticket holders and wanted to see him back at the Dome that Fall. He had that big smile on his face and said "Maybe". He then said something to the player he was with and grinned. I always wished I had asked who that was.
But we'll take partial credit for him deciding to stay for the 95-96 season. :)