I miss jay bilas | Syracusefan.com

I miss jay bilas

Tuned in when I got home from work with about 12 min to go. Where was Bilas? Is he OK?

What a difference (for the worst) from the Big Mondays of 2 years ago.
Sean/Jay/Raf --> Sean/Jay --> Sean/Shane
Brent/Bob Knight -> Brent/Fran (still fine, but not the same)

Sean must feel completely abandoned compared to that amazing 3-man booth.

I'm pretty surprised that they gave Battier such a plum assignment right off the bat. I've heard him do a few games so far this year and he's pretty much not good. My thing with color announcers is either be informative or entertaining at the least. The good ones are both. Shane is certainly not entertaining, and he doesn't seem to point out anything but the obvious.

He really could have used a year or 2 of seasoning on the U and lower profile games before getting this much exposure.

Battier is struggling but he's better than Jay Williams when he started broadcasting and Jay is now a studio regular. If you're familiar with Battier, you know he's smart, knowledgable and charming. He's got the potential to be as good as Bilas. Maybe he makes it. Maybe not. We'll see. He'll be great at something, though.

Battier is struggling but he's better than Jay Williams when he started broadcasting and Jay is now a studio regular. If you're familiar with Battier, you know he's smart, knowledgable and charming. He's got the potential to be as good as Bilas. Maybe he makes it. Maybe not. We'll see. He'll be great at something, though.

I'm fairly confident when I say that BRNFECUSE would be better than Jay Williams when he started. He would probably be better right now.

Jay will is the rare combination of aggression and suckage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom