I must have Pi%#ed off the Sport's Gods. | Syracusefan.com

I must have Pi%#ed off the Sport's Gods.

Roger N

Beer: Ask your Doctor If It's Right For you
I must have some how pissed off the Sport's Gods. If so, I apologize to all Syracuse fans. A few weeks ago I was basking in the sunshine of SU Being undefeated, bowl eligible and ranked in the Top 20. The Eagles were undefeated and the Phillie's had a one game lead in the World Series. Since then I've got "smacked around". I don't know what I did to set off this run of loses by my favorite teams and I apologize to all SU and Philly fans. Don't even get me started about basketball. I do admit to being an a'hole, but isn't everyone?

Last edited:
I must have some how pissed off the Sport's Gods. If so, I apologize to all Syracuse fans. A few weeks ago I was basking in the sunshine of SU Being undefeated, bowl eligible and ranked in the Top 20. The Eagles were undefeated and the Phillie's had a one game lead in the World Series. Since then I've got "smacked around". I don't know what I did to set off this run of loses by my favorite teams and I apologize to all SU and Philly fans. Don't even get me started about basketball. I do admit to being an a'hole, but isn't everyone?
Psst. Don't let on that I want SU Soccer to win it all.

I knew it had to be something like this. Thanks a lot.

It could be me, too though. I was on such a sports high after the win against NCSU and my Guardians had just completed a dramatic walkoff to take a 2-1 lead over the Yankees. It's only human to dream big in that scenario, even though i kne deep down that I am not allowed to have nice things.

Syracuse fans in Buffalo are wondering, "What's real and what's a mirage?"
A month ago the Bills were heading straight to the Super Bowl.
The Sabres were a feel-good turn-around story.
SU football was undefeated.
SU basketball's young talent impressed JAB enough to predict we'd make the tournament.
Now, we get no adrenaline rush and no endorphin high from any of our teams. :(