I notice and liked what I saw in last week's game re the corners | Syracusefan.com

I notice and liked what I saw in last week's game re the corners

CaliCuse

All American
The corners got on the Wr's inside hip down the field. Positioning like that is as critical as great speed. When you control the inside ,you control the pass reception or the prevention of same On the outside or behind the receiver puts him and the QB in control. Everytime!Scott was able to intercept because he was inside and made the move to grab the ball. Long arms like Lyn's is important but not all important on the inside. Its always a matter of quality coaching or lack of it. Wait and see it on the field. If you don't we are in trouble folks.;)

you did watch the game correct? while i like the potential of lyn and anderson, scott is nothing better than an average corner at best. all of our corners and safeties got lit up all night by a true sophmore qb. i rate the secondary perfeormance as a "D" as scotts key interception kept this group from an F. that pick was the first time he was in position all night and then on the final wake pass in ot with the offensive pass interference call. that said, wakes style of offense is a tough matchup for young corners, hopefully lyn's and anderson's man coverage skills will be realized against usc and toledo

You are right but it didn't help that the WF QB had all night to throw the ball too.

some of the worst defensive backfield play I have ever seen, slow to the ball, blown assignments, etc. All our guys looked slow and exhausted after the 1st quarter

some of the worst defensive backfield play I have ever seen, slow to the ball, blown assignments, etc. All our guys looked slow and exhausted after the 1st quarter
That is because they were on the field the entire time because the offense could not get a 1st down. I think the first half was 45 plays to 19, Offense had 6 of 7 drives 3 & out, that will make your defense look tired, and give up extra yards. If they made a few of thos catches to keep the drives going I would have liked to see how that would have changed how the D looked. Remember with Schafers defense it is a high risk defense so if the young blitzing backers and D line do not get to the QB or at least take his mind off the receivers by applying pressure, there will be people open. I think as they become more experienced (and because this was likely the most experienced and maybe best o lines we will face)you will see better pressure, and the secondary will look better. Just my opinioon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom