I really do not like Marquette | Syracusefan.com

I really do not like Marquette

SourShoes

2nd String
Predator and No Neck nauseate me. These dudes are taking Pitts place in my mind for the clutch and grab bullshit

Curly, er Buzz, has major sweat issues. He's ruined his shirt and vest. His players look dry compared to him.

Can't stand Buzz! College basketball doesn't need a clown on the sidelines dripping sweat every where he walks.

Oh my goodness I thought those students were going to literally KILL him after dancing at half court and then going over to talk with Raf. DAMN they were pissed!

Marquette is Pitt. Or maybe Pitt is Marquette. I can no longer differentiate.

DJO always has a look on his face like he just walked into a public bathroom while someone was taking a brutal dump...

I don't like DJO, but my major issue with Marquette is Buzz Williams. He literally stands 5-10 feet on the court the entire game. I know it's not a huge deal, but it annoys me that he knows there's a rule and he blatantly ignores it EVERY GAME and never gets called for it.

Someone commented on the radio the other day "they've got to figure out a way to stop that." The way to stop it is simple. You talk to all the coaches and say "this has gotten out of hand, we're enforcing the coach's box rule going forward." Then you start calling it and giving technicals. After a couple of games, they'll adjust.

Okay shoot me - I like Crowders's game - he's high energy, willing to play tough defense, rebounds and plays up to his ability and rarely ever takes plays off. Buzz is an excellent coach, motivator and also an idiot but no one who really matters, will care that much as long as he keeps winning. One thing- he's definitely not boring.

Okay shoot me - I like Crowders's game - he's high energy, willing to play tough defense, rebounds and plays up to his ability and rarely ever takes plays off. Buzz is an excellent coach, motivator and also an idiot but no one who really matters, will care that much as long as he keeps winning. One thing- he's definitely not boring.
Don't forget DJO, Vander Blue and Gardner as well. They are a tough matchup for us and I would really hate to run into them in the NCAA's again this year. People can say what they want about Buzz, but so far he is a winner and I think he has done a good job keeping the focus on him and not on his players. Plus he bring a lot of energy. I made a post a few weeks ago about which coaches I liked and disliked. He was one I liked.

I would like to see a coach tell their player to run really close to the sideline and trip over the opposing coaches foot. That would be fun and interesting.

I would like to see a coach tell their player to run really close to the sideline and trip over the opposing coaches foot. That would be fun and interesting.

I don't like DJO, but my major issue with Marquette is Buzz Williams. He literally stands 5-10 feet on the court the entire game. I know it's not a huge deal, but it annoys me that he knows there's a rule and he blatantly ignores it EVERY GAME and never gets called for it.

Someone commented on the radio the other day "they've got to figure out a way to stop that." The way to stop it is simple. You talk to all the coaches and say "this has gotten out of hand, we're enforcing the coach's box rule going forward." Then you start calling it and giving technicals. After a couple of games, they'll adjust.
Jason Kidd did this 2 years ago against Atlanta. Atlanta coach Mike Woodson kept standing on the court Kidd got sick of it and literally ran into Mike Woodson and initiated contact with Woodson and got a technical foul on Woodson. If I was coaching against Marquette I would tell my players to run into Buzz Williams and get a technical on him and shut him up.

[quote="Alsacs, post: 203048, member: 652"
Jason Kidd did this 2 years ago against Atlanta. Atlanta coach Mike Woodson kept standing on the court Kidd got sick of it and literally ran into Mike Woodson and initiated contact with Woodson and got a technical foul on Woodson. If I was coaching against Marquette I would tell my players to run into Buzz Williams and got a technical on him and shut him up.[/quote]
Part 2 of the play great job by Jason Kidd.

Jason Kidd did this 2 years ago against Atlanta. Atlanta coach Mike Woodson kept standing on the court Kidd got sick of it and literally ran into Mike Woodson and initiated contact with Woodson and got a technical foul on Woodson. If I was coaching against Marquette I would tell my players to run into Buzz Williams and got a technical on him and shut him up.
Fair could have done this to Mike Rice at Rutgers.

Rice was about 3 feet onto the court after Fair inbounded the ball, and Fair just passed him going up court. Would have loved to see him plow into him to get a couple free throws.

These younger coaches look like a bunch of idiots hopping around on the sideline and the court. It's embarrassing, and I hope they actually start calling this at some point.

Fair could have done this to Mike Rice at Rutgers.

Rice was about 3 feet onto the court after Fair inbounded the ball, and Fair just passed him going up court. Would have loved to see him plow into him to get a couple free throws.

These younger coaches look like a bunch of idiots hopping around on the sideline and the court. It's embarrassing, and I hope they actually start calling this at some point.

I was trying to remember the other recent game where it seemed like the coach was on the court a lot. It wasn't just one play, Rice had at least 1 foot in the court for a lot of the game. He almost tripped the ref a few times and it didn't even seem as if he got a warning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom