I really wish we didn't play such a soft schedule in November/December | Syracusefan.com

I really wish we didn't play such a soft schedule in November/December

44PRIDE

All Conference
This season, I see Ohio State playing Kansas, Indiana playing UNC, Duke playing UK...and Louisville. But you look at our schedule and our biggest games have been against SDST and Arkansas.

I know, I know. We make up for our soft early schedule with the brutal Big East conference play. But GEEZUS...it'd be nice to see how we stack up against some real teams.

Say what you want, but SU really hasn't proven much to me yet.

This season, I see Ohio State playing Kansas, Indiana playing UNC, Duke playing UK...and Louisville. But you look at our schedule and our biggest games have been against SDST and Arkansas.

I know, I know. We make up for our soft early schedule with the brutal Big East conference play. But GEEZUS...it'd be nice to see how we stack up against some real teams.

Say what you want, but SU really hasn't proven much to me yet.
canisius>UNC

This season the ooc schedule has been week for sure, of course you don't always know what the other team will have at the time they are scheduled either. The other thing is, when we ask teams like Kentucky or Indiana or Michigan to play us, they don't always say yes. Not trying to make excuses but I for one do not know how difficult it might be to make up a schedule.

Me too. Would make us better to challenge the guys and even get a loss.

This season the ooc schedule has been week for sure, of course you don't always know what the other team will have at the time they are scheduled either. The other thing is, when we ask teams like Kentucky or Indiana or Michigan to play us, they don't always say yes. Not trying to make excuses but I for one do not know how difficult it might be to make up a schedule.
So kentucky and Indiana and Michigan will play all of these other teams but they won't play us? Don't buy it. We don't play them because we don't want to. the thing is, whenever we play teams like this, we beat them.

I wish Keith Smart's game-winner had clanked off the iron in '87. I wish AO's knee had held up in 2010 and Fab had remained eligible last year. If you're going to wish for something, wish for something with meaning. Our schedule this year is a perfectly good ramp-up to the Big East for this team and our matchups in February and early March are far more important than those in November and December.

there is only one person who cares about our schedule and he thinks its just fine.. really we are a couple bad breaks to our bigs from possibly winning two titles in the last few years. i dont think out schedule is really the issue.

I'd like to see a home and home with the Washington Huskies!

I don't think we necessarily NEED to play a tougher schedule, but I wish we would play a big name or two ooc at some point. I remember in the '90's playing teams like Arizona and Kentucky, and it was usually at home one year and then away the next or vice versa, and it was just fun for the fans. Maybe JB's opinion is the only one that matters, but sometimes it's nice to play some of those for the fans.

It has seemed a bit boring since we realized how good this team was. Still this schedule will pay dividends with all PT Grant, DC2 and Cooney are getting.

This seems to be a one year anomaly. Since 08-09 we have played UNC, Kansas, MSU, Florida x3, Memphis x2, NC State x2, Michigan, Georgia Tech, California, Virginia Tech and Stanford. That's almost 4 BCS programs out of conference a year for the 4 years from 08-09 to 11-12. That doesn't include the Sweet 16 Cornell team.

There are some awfully big names in that group over just the last four years before this year. This year sucks, but let's not pretend that this is anything but an anomaly.

I thnk its just another trump card to play for fans when we finally lose so they can say "see...we didnt get tested in the non conference" when in reality in means very little.

So kentucky and Indiana and Michigan will play all of these other teams but they won't play us? Don't buy it. We don't play them because we don't want to. the thing is, whenever we play teams like this, we beat them.

Well we played Michigan recently, but they weren't that good that year.

Indiana playing a team like Butler really does nothing for Indiana. Nothing. Butler has everything to gain in that type of a game. Hey I would loved to have seen us play a more high profile team too. It probably would have been Florida had we not played them the last 15 years.

Indiana playing a team like Butler really does nothing for Indiana. Nothing. Butler has everything to gain in that type of a game. Hey I would loved to have seen us play a more high profile team too. It probably would have been Florida had we not played them the last 15 years.
It's more fun when we play someone good. Take UConn for example. I enjoy playing them. How about you?

I'd like to see us play more name programs because it gets us on better TV. Plus, we can beat anybody.

SU forfeited the opportunity to acquire any signature wins in the pre conference that are so important in compiling a resume to justify a #1 or 2 seed come selection Sunday. We can still get it but only by winning the BE and dominating the conference. It leaves us with little margin for error. If we don't get a win over UL and Cincy our resume vs. the other big boys may be suspect. Remember in 2010 we beat UNC and last year we had the Florida win. Both were against other top 10 teams. I don't understand how we failed to schedule a major early season tourney this year where we would have the opportunity to get a win or two over other top ranked teams. Hope it doesn't bite us come seeding time.

SU forfeited the opportunity to acquire any signature wins in the pre conference that are so important in compiling a resume to justify a #1 or 2 seed come selection Sunday. We can still get it but only by winning the BE and dominating the conference. It leaves us with little margin for error. If we don't get a win over UL and Cincy our resume vs. the other big boys may be suspect. Remember in 2010 we beat UNC and last year we had the Florida win. Both were against other top 10 teams. I don't understand how we failed to schedule a major early season tourney this year where we would have the opportunity to get a win or two over other top ranked teams. Hope it doesn't bite us come seeding time.

If we lose a couple of games in conference play we won't be in the running for that one seed anyway.

Right now there are 4 other Big East teams in the top 25 Louisville (2x), Cincy, Gtown (2x) and Notre Dame with Pittsburgh, UConn and Marquette among the next 6 teams in the voting. We've already played San Diego State and will face Temple who may end up being in the mix before the season is done. It isn't one of our tougher schedules, but by no means one of our weaker ones either. This schedule will present plenty of challenges.

It's more fun when we play someone good. Take UConn for example. I enjoy playing them. How about you?

I love beating those fu ckers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom