I recently saw a post about NC State whining | Syracusefan.com

I recently saw a post about NC State whining

jvbj01

All Conference
And Pitt whining and Duke whining. I wish people here would slow down a bit. There were some questionable calls and no calls, but it isn't much different than some of the games we have won. This board is over the top when we lose. After the BC game, I refused to read the posts until the next day. I probably should have done the same here. Some good posters are really showing themselves

And Pitt whining and Duke whining. I wish people here would slow down a bit. There were some questionable calls and no calls, but it isn't much different than some of the games we have won. This board is over the top when we lose. After the BC game, I refused to read the posts until the next day. I probably should have done the same here. Some good posters are really showing themselves
sorry if you have been disappointed. You have always set a standard here that we should all follow. Some of us just feel, you know, like we were cheated. Maybe you didn't watch the last 10 minutes.

sorry if you have been disappointed. You have always set a standard here that we should all follow. Some of us just feel, you know, like we were cheated. Maybe you didn't watch the last 10 minutes.

No offense, dasher. I feel crappy also. It was bizarre how it all went down. I just remember a game or two where I was just glad I wasn't a fan of the other team. There were certainly bad calls, but the Fair call at the end was so difficult to judge live for a ref.

I love this team. We can do some serious damage. (Yes... I said "we".).

What happens to other teams does not matter one iota.

No offense, dasher. I feel crappy also. It was bizarre how it all went down. I just remember a game or two where I was just glad I wasn't a fan of the other team. There were certainly bad calls, but the Fair call at the end was so difficult to judge live for a ref.

I love this team. We can do some serious damage. (Yes... I said "we".).
I am a big believer in play the calls. Tonight, for me, was over the top.

I agree with you that we really don't have any right to make fun of any fanbase (besides Rutgers, Uconn, and NCST) because we are just as bad as most of them.

With that said that was an awful call, and frustrating that referees insist on becoming part of the story.

The thing is, if you watch the slow-mo of the game we beat Duke few weeks ago, people can see that Christmas clearly blocked the hell out of Hood on that dunk attempt, before any contact was made on the lower part of the arm, he never had clear possession of the ball after the block that people want to complain about.

We know the team's performance was the reason we lost to Boston College. It was embarassing, all those missed FT's and 20 missed layups and half a dozen airballs. No excuses for why we lost that game.

A game tying layup that actually went in, with what should have been an opportunity to go up 1 with 10 seconds to go, which is obvious by seeing the replay as well, that turns into a BS charge is pretty hard to swallow. The defender was clearly not set before CJ went up for his shot, he was leaning into CJ AND moving his feet at the same time. CJ even attempted to avoid the contact, and did a pretty damn good job. That paired with the and 1 that Parker got for plowing through a set footed silent G is atrocious for the sport.

I for one am more fired up about this team after tonight than I have been in a few weeks though. Although we missed a lot of shots, we played very well defensively, and pretty good at the FT line, even though we hardly got a chance to take any freebies. Seriously, up until Ennis' 3 freebies at the end, we only took 11 free throws in the first 39 minutes. That's hilarious. Half of his shots were during hand checks.

G, Rak, and Keita are showing some scrappyness. Honestly, I've been waiting for it. The boys fought hard tonight. As far as I'm concerned, we tied the game with a chance to take the lead, and the game never got finished. I'm hyped for March.

Last edited:
That's a high horse you're riding. We had 3 points handed to Duke or 2 (possibly 3) points taken away from us. Whatever.

Edit: I actually agree with you, but I'm salty and the refs did blow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom