I remember when Phil Hughes came up and he is a perfect example of a young man | Syracusefan.com

I remember when Phil Hughes came up and he is a perfect example of a young man

CaliCuse

All American
who did little or nothing to improve himself since. He relied on a quality fastball and curve. No slider no change-up. He still has neither and is getting killed out there. No fastball blowing out batters at 95+mph:rolleyes:

CC has 156 IP and 157 strikeouts.

Hughes has 161 IP and 136 strikeouts (2nd most)

who did little or nothing to improve himself since. He relied on a quality fastball and curve. No slider no change-up. He still has neither and is getting killed out there. No fastball blowing out batters at 95+mph:rolleyes:

Hughes is a solid middle of the rotation talent who has pitched pretty well this season and is still young. Nova has struggled this year, do you want to give up on him too? How about Pineda? Maybe he should be traded also, before he throws a pitch for this team. Kuroda is 38 and can't possibly pitch this well for much longer, so perhaps he should be moved while he still has some value.

Seriously Cali, what would you like to see the rotation look like in 2013 beyond Sabathia (assuming you want him back)?

I'm guessing that Hughes will be traded for value.conventional opinion thinks that Kuroda will be improved after this season's intro to the AL-East. Then we have Nova and possibly Pineda if his arm is healed. Phelps will be given a hard look and maybe Banuelos if he is pitching to the scout's predictions.Throw in a trade get and the rotation begins to form.

I'm guessing that Hughes will be traded for value.conventional opinion thinks that Kuroda will be improved after this season's intro to the AL-East. Then we have Nova and possibly Pineda if his arm is healed. Phelps will be given a hard look and maybe Banuelos if he is pitching to the scout's predictions.Throw in a trade get and the rotation begins to form.
That's a reasonable analysis, Cali. I do hope you're feeling okay. ;)

Hughes seems to struggle with men on base and at times has no out pitch. I think in part it's the way the Yankees have developed their pitchers over the years, part on Hughes from a concentration stand point, and I'm starting to wonder if it's part on the catchers who call a lousy game. As much as I hate Varitek, I would have loved to see him catch for the Yankees to see what kind of effect it would have on the pitching staff, particularly the younger pitchers.

That's a reasonable analysis, Cali. I do hope you're feeling okay. ;)
I'm now in shock ready a complimentary comment. Are you try ing to kill me?About CC Not just because he lost today, but the man is getting older. The team needs to start looking harder at their farm kids who are excelling this spring. Mitchell was a flop and is gone. there are others out there. Joba has been rumored to be available. Not sure about him. It depends on what we get in return. I say "we" as in Cashman and the Yankees,of course.

I'm now in shock ready a complimentary comment. Are you try ing to kill me?About CC Not just because he lost today, but the man is getting older. The team needs to start looking harder at their farm kids who are excelling this spring. Mitchell was a flop and is gone. there are others out there. Joba has been rumored to be available. Not sure about him. It depends on what we get in return. I say "we" as in Cashman and the Yankees,of course.

Get used to seeing CC at the front of the rotation for a long time as they've invested major dollars and years in him. Despite his size and the injury problems he's had this year, I think he can continue to be the staff workhorse for the foreseeable future. Collectively there is enough talent among Kuroda, Nova, Hughes, Pineda, Phelps and perhaps one of the other young arms to fill out the rest of the rotation for the next few years, barring a crazy injury situation similar to what Toronto has experienced this season. Drawing from that group of pitchers would result in a rotation with a good mix of youth and experience, especially by Yankee standards. I'm not as much worried about the starting pitching (or bullpen) as I am about how the everyday lineup will look in the future, particularly the outfield and catching positions.

And I didn't mean to shock you. You're one of my favorite posters, despite what you may believe. Keep it coming.:cool: