I ride with Dino... | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

I ride with Dino...

If you got in the ride with Dino this season

1607212086011.png

This feels so much like the cesspool that was the GRob years. We were saying the same thing about young players, injuries, alleged better recruiting after Grob's 1, 4. 2 and 3 win seasons

1607212604303.gif

Back on the Dino train, but on a one year lease. Need to tighten up the on field discipline, and time/clock management, but proud of how the team competed today, and last week.

FWIW, I really would like to see Dino just take a fine and rip the ref’s in a presser (easy for me to say, I know). He’s such a cool customer, doing it might get some attention because it would be out of character. These shenanigans need to stop. It’s hard enough to win without having to beat the referees as well.

2 weeks ago I would not have said this, but I now look forward to being back in the Dome in my seats next season taking in the aura of the new facility, and rooting these gutsy young men on.

LGO!

Last edited:
FWIW, I really would like to see Dino just take a fine and rip the ref’s in a presser (easy for me to say, I know). He’s such a cool customer, doing it might get some attention because it would be out of character. These shenanigans need to stop. It’s hard enough to win without having to beat the referees as well.

The crooked arse ACC refs were there to make sure SU didn’t get in the way of a ND vs Clemson ACC championship game. This will be the highest rated ACC championship game ever and they were determined not to let anything stand in the way.

I watch a lot of college football and the ACC has the worst refs every year. Even when they do bowl games between other conferences they are awful.

Back on the Dino train, but on a one year lease. Need to tighten up the on field discipline, but proud of how the team competed today, and last week.

2 weeks ago I would not have said this, but I now look forward to being back in the Dome in my seats next season taking in the aura of the new facility, and rooting these gutsy young men on.

LGO!

Behind the scenes is the athletic dept. putting together a complaint tape to send to the league. Years ago I could've sworn I read about the school sending a tape to the Big East about Hakim Warrick's sick spin move that was getting called for traveling and showing that he wasn't.

Behind the scenes is the athletic dept. putting together a complaint tape to send to the league. Years ago I could've sworn I read about the school sending a tape to the Big East about Hakim Warrick's sick spin move that was getting called for traveling and showing that he wasn't.
Tapes usually go to the league routinely... I understand it, and you usually see the same refs more than once a season so it does make sense, but I always found the exercise pretty fruitless.

sometimes they agree, yup we got the call wrong. Other times they die on their hill.

never seen an outcome change though.

Dino said they did that for last weeks game and the league agreed about the misses/bad calls.

it would be nice if the league had some sort of transparency and accountability with officiating, but it'll never happen because there's no incentive.