I Say F@ it | Syracusefan.com

I Say F@ it

Nicknack

All Conference
During the last moments of tonight's game I think reality hit us all... we are a team that we don't recognize. For good reason, obviously. Instead of continuing with pointing blame to all of the problems (and there are many), I say the hell with it.

I for one, for some strange reason, don't feel the bitter sting that I felt after the beat down that we took at Virginia. Instead, I've decided that I'm going to enjoy the rest of the ride no matter how short or long it may be.

Am I disappointed as hell about how the season has unfolded... of course, any die-hard 'Cuse fan would. However, like it or not, it is what it is and that is how I intend to watch the remaining games so that I find enjoyment watching the rest of the season.

I'm going to be selfish on this one, and that is, to enjoy watching the 'Cuse no matter what that means. I no longer am going to get caught up in what seed we may be or where we may end up playing. Buffalo or some other site, who cares at this point. I have spent many hours this week reading threads and responding to many about this very subject. However, at this point, I'm tired of feeling deflated and disappointed.

While I respect the heck out of this forum, I'm done with getting myself all worked up over the problems that we face and what needs to happen to get a certain seed or certain location. I say it at this point, I'm just going to look forward to any game that we get to play and that is it, without expectations.

While I completely understand others who share a difference of opinion, I believe sometimes we lose perspective. Why are we all such big fans of the OrangeMEN anyway? My reason is that it brings me great joy at the end of a long day to be able to turn on the game and watch our beloved Orange win another game. Complaining about things at this point only brings me down so the hell with it; I'm just going to sit back as passionate as ever and watch the 'Cuse do what they can do... which I certainly hope is something significant. If not, then at least they provided me with a heck of a season to enjoy.

I don't care if others feel much different, that's fine. We are all a part of a big family here. My point is that I'm tired of feeling disappointed and thinking "what if". Instead, I intend to watch the rest of the games, with the same fervor as ever, but with a little different perspective. For those who don't share my opinion, that's completely understandable. I just think sometimes that I (and many here too) get so invested in our team that sometimes we forget the big picture... to enjoy the ride while it lasts because there have already been so many good memories. I absolutely refuse to allow some What losses to spoil the ride.

Just one man's opinion, for what it's worth or not...

Last edited:
This forum can't win. Basketball threads are bad and off-topic threads are bad

"My reason is that is brings me joy at the end of a long day to be able to turn on the game and watch our beloved Orange win another game. "

I could not agree more. I count down the days,hours, and minutes to games. I'll be a fan no matter what,and if that means ever going down with a the ship,I'll be happy to tread some water.

During the last moments of tonight's game I think reality hit us all... we are a team that we don't recognize. For good reason, obviously. Instead of continuing with pointing blame to all of the problems (and there are many), I say the hell with it.

I for one, for some strange reason, don't feel the bitter sting that I felt after the beat down that we took at Virginia. Instead, I've decided that I'm going to enjoy the rest of the ride no matter how short or long it may be.

Am I disappointed as hell about how the season has unfolded... of course, any die-hard 'Cuse fan would. However, like it or not, it is what it is and that is how I intend to watch the remaining games so that I find enjoyment watching the rest of the season.

I'm going to be selfish on this one, and that is, to enjoy watching the 'Cuse no matter what that means. I no longer am going to get caught up in what seed we may be or where we may end up playing. Buffalo or some other site, who cares at this point. I have spent many hours this week reading threads and responding to many about this very subject. However, at this point, I'm tired of feeling deflated and disappointed.

While I respect the heck out of this forum, I'm done with getting myself all worked up over the problems that we face and what needs to happen to get a certain seed or certain location. I say it at this point, I'm just going to look forward to any game that we get to play and that is it, without expectations.

While I completely understand others who share a difference of opinion, I believe sometimes we lose perspective. Why are we all such big fans of the OrangeMEN anyway? My reason is that it brings me great joy at the end of a long day to be able to turn on the game and watch our beloved Orange win another game. Complaining about things at this point only brings me down so the hell with it; I'm just going to sit back as passionate as ever and watch the 'Cuse do what they can do... which I certainly hope is something significant. If not, then at least they provided me with a heck of a season to enjoy.

I don't care if others feel much different, that's fine. We are all a part of a big family here. My point is that I'm tired of feeling disappointed and thinking "what if". Instead, I intend to watch the rest of the games, with the same fervor as ever, but with a little different perspective. For those who don't share my opinion, that's completely understandable. I just think sometimes that I (and many here too) get so invested in our team that sometimes we forget the big picture... to enjoy the ride while it lasts because there have already been so many good memories. I absolutely refuse to allow some What losses to spoil the ride.

The internet, is replacing tv, which replaced religion as the opiate of the masses. Every thought produces an electrochemical reaction in the brain, and some of us are truly addicted to this board, or any other habit, including thought. Advertisers understand this, and don't pay money because they're feeling charitable. I applaud whatever decision you make in regards to being a fan, especially if it empowers you more. I know for a fact that I don't understand the all of the impulses that drive me to read and/or post here as much as I do, so I surely can't pretend to understand everyone else's. Kudos to you, I hope to reach that level of freedom from one of my last habits/attachments.

You are describing the process by which you are going to stave off sadness and anxiety about the remainder of the season. You know what you need and that is good! I know I can't watch pathologically twisted shows/movies about people who enjoy hurting other people because the images will torment me. So, I won't watch stuff like that. I know that certain sitcoms/comedies can make me laugh out loud. So, I will watch stuff like that. I will read threads that intrigue me and not read threads that bring me too far down. But I will come here because this is a place to grieve and rejoice.

This is very hard for all of us. To each his own on how to get through. Go Cuse!

I agree and approach every game like this. Selfishly I want Buffalo and NYC but if it doesnt work out that's fine. We will get placed where we get placed and I am hoping for a good draw more than anything. I will enjoy our first ACC tournament and look forward to the big dance.

The internet, is replacing tv, which replaced religion as the opiate of the masses. Every thought produces an electrochemical reaction in the brain, and some of us are truly addicted to this board, or any other habit, including thought. Advertisers understand this, and don't pay money because they're feeling charitable. I applaud whatever decision you make in regards to being a fan, especially if it empowers you more. I know for a fact that I don't understand the all of the impulses that drive me to read and/or post here as much as I do, so I surely can't pretend to understand everyone else's. Kudos to you, I hope to reach that level of freedom from one of my last habits/attachments.
Outstanding Cappy. let's just give out good vibes and it will be all right.

Good take.

I imagine I'll be frustrated with the "what if" game in the future, with people claiming that this team would've been a sure national champion but for Grant's injury or some other list of reasons/excuses.

But for now, this hasn't been a great team for a couple months (with the exception of one night). They have given us a lot of fun moments, though, perhaps with more to come. It'll be nice to keep watching and see if we can run off a few more wins, maybe as an underdog.

Good take.

I imagine I'll be frustrated with the "what if" game in the future, with people claiming that this team would've been a sure national champion but for Grant's injury or some other list of reasons/excuses.

But for now, this hasn't been a great team for a couple months (with the exception of one night). They have given us a lot of fun moments, though, perhaps with more to come. It'll be nice to keep watching and see if we can run off a few more wins, maybe as an underdog.
Yes! We always do well as the Underdog.

-Polly Pureheart

I agree and approach every game like this. Selfishly I want Buffalo and NYC but if it doesnt work out that's fine. We will get placed where we get placed and I am hoping for a good draw more than anything. I will enjoy our first ACC tournament and look forward to the big dance.

Good man, I must admit, this is sort of new to me. :)

I too am hoping that we end up in Buffalo and NYC, but like I said, (like you) I'm just not going to get all caught up in it. If it happens, outstanding! If not, so be it. We've won away from home many times before.

As for the board, I am hooked like many of you. There is an unbelievable amount of knowledge and great viewpoints here. However, my point last night is that I'm going to be a bit more selective about what I feed my brain so that I can remain excited about the future and have fun with the remainder of the seaons - that is what it's all about, right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom