I say it.. Hire Porter's old man | Syracusefan.com

I say it.. Hire Porter's old man

Zepharus

Starter
Lets fight fire with fire. Hire Porter Father as the new assistant and come out guns a blazin! Stick it to the NCAA , Mike, all of them! pew pew!

We've all been saying that. I doubt we will even contact him to ask the question.

As I understand it, he and his wife have connections to Missouri. I also don't see JB or the AD creating more instability within the program by brining in a short term assistant just to land a recruit. I'd shy away from it also because the NCAA will be at least a little interested in this whole situation and we need them to forget Syracuse exists for a little while. I don't think the move would happen if we offered and I don't think we should offer.

no thanks. rather skip a meal than whore oneself. don't want to ever go down that road.

juli wouldn't let JB back in the house after she heard him ripping up buddy in the post presser.

As I understand it, he and his wife have connections to Missouri. I also don't see JB or the AD creating more instability within the program by brining in a short term assistant just to land a recruit. I'd shy away from it also because the NCAA will be at least a little interested in this whole situation and we need them to forget Syracuse exists for a little while. I don't think the move would happen if we offered and I don't think we should offer.

Missouri is the Porter's home. Sr just moved out to Seattle with his 3 sons

As I understand it, he and his wife have connections to Missouri.
Correct. For those who want specifics, his sister-in-law is the head coach of the women's basketball team and he was an assistant coach before he joined Romar's staff. Two of his daughters currently play for the team as well.

Looking at Junior's list of schools, you have to wonder about the logistics of Oklahoma and Virginia. Junior has interest in those schools because he's friends with Trae Young and Kyle Guy. Would he really get his father to take a job at either of those schools when he'll only be there for one year? And would he get his brother to reclassify and come along for the ride? Jontay's a two or three-year player. Would he let big brother dictate where he's going to play for two or three years just so they can be college teammates for one?

Of course, Senior accepting Martin's offer and Junior playing for Oklahoma or Virginia would be the most Mizzou thing ever.

Lets fight fire with fire. Hire Porter Father as the new assistant and come out guns a blazin! Stick it to the NCAA , Mike, all of them! pew pew!
Why stop there?
Now that there's an opening, make him Head Coach in Waiting.

For what it's worth people in Seattle sports radio today are saying they don't think Hopkins want porter jr and they don't blame him. Calling the family a train wreck and a circus. We are trying to build something and this kid with his dad trying to have a job and a coach technically. They keep saying he is technically a coach. I was worried Hopkins would get some blowback out of the gate but it doesn't seem to be playing out that way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom