I see at team that can turn it on whenever it needs to | Syracusefan.com

I see at team that can turn it on whenever it needs to

OrangeFoo

All American
Others see a team that doesn't always play up to it's potential 100% of the game. Guess what I've never seen a team play up to it's potential 100% of the time. Everyone around here loves to talk about how great the Wes, Andy, AO team was and how they could turn water into wine... guess what, I was at All State Arena in Chicago when I saw that same team almost lose to Depaul which was one of the shittiest teams I've ever seen. That same team also got beat handily by Lousiville twice. They weren't exactly the Harlem Globetrotters.

I have never seen any Syracuse team turn it on when it needs to like this... how many 20 to something runs have we had this year? This tells me that the team when it wants to be is pretty much unbeatable. They are clearly grinding out the season trying to get ready for the big games.

One other fact that people are heavily discounting and that's the bullshit big east refs we deal with. I've notice that whenever we lose a big lead it is highly correlated with the refs swallowing their whistles on the other team. Yesterday was the perfect example, during SFU's comeback in the 2nd half our guys were making the right move by being aggressive and driving to the bucket but they were getting bumped on the drives and not getting calls which sends them into a tailspin. One thing I will admit is that our team is really bad about whining to the refs if they don't get a call rather than just moving on, every one of our top 7 does this, pathetic. Any ways come the big dance we'll have real refs who will call it much tighter which means our FT attempts will go up and the runs against is will go down.

Guys this is the same story every season... JB will have these guys peaking in March and I predict in NYC we will see MCW and Rak get minutes again. Stop focusing on the negatives and look at the positives, last nigtht we went on a 28-0 run against the best defensive team in the BE... who cares if we lost focus, we then went on a run to finish the game.

When we are on no team in america outside of Kentucky that can play with us. I guarantee we will be ON in March.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom