Can we all agree making the tournament at large is the bare minimum expectation this season | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Can we all agree making the tournament at large is the bare minimum expectation this season

Talking with buddies who are fans of other schools and used to be die hards - even some who are still top 25 now- they are all losing interest and becoming more casual. It’s turning everyone off - glad it’s better for the kids at least
Maybe I'll just go back and watch all the old games I can and become a historian, sounds way better than following this sport for me now.

We used to be so good. Makes me want to cry :(
Close your eyes...you are in the spectrum center at the ACC basketball tournament. You are hearing Lets Go Orange chants...the building is filled with Orange...your team is the #1seed...You see a run and gun offense, dunks and 3s...you see a defense that is smothering...a press that is relentless...you see no missed free throws and well timed innovative plays...a team that refuses to lose...A team with that fight and Devo swagger...You know we are making the big dance just a matter of 1 seed or 2... open your eyes...thats the expectation thats Syracuse Basketball.

Last edited:
If we were a team that was willing and ready to fight for a championship, Kadary Richmond would be our point guard. Hell, the Reynolds kid would've done.
the question is - what is holding the NIL back? I have to believe a program with our history has donors who are willing to step up under the right circumstances. It almost seems like the boosters were split on the decision to go with red… and it shows with what we have been able to afford in free agency.

Maybe I'll just go back and watch all the old games I can and become a historian, sounds way better than following this sport for me now.
Yeah, college ball now just seems like a stage for the top 10 or so recruits to promote their brand before they get drafted.

I’m glad we won our natty when the sport was still somewhat popular and relevant.

Yeah, college ball now just seems like a stage for the top 10 or so recruits to promote their brand before they get drafted.

I’m glad we won our natty when the sport was still somewhat popular and relevant.
You know, I don't agree with DC with the 44 and Lampkin thing. But, if I'm around in 20 years I'm not going to remember one thing about him other than probably say dry rub under my breath and giggle while I'll remember DC being one of if not the best ever here, long NBA career, always talking about Syracuse, always in the stands and always being a good ambassador until all of this, even before Lampkin with the University stuff.

I'm going to root for Lampkin, but unless we win a title, will we ever even have a legend again? Only way it happens is if it's a Melo type year. Maybe we need to hang onto the legends a little tighter before we start kicking them in the face for some fancy new dry rub.

You know, I don't agree with DC with the 44 and Lampkin thing. But, if I'm around in 20 years I'm not going to remember one thing about him other than probably say dry rub under my breath and giggle while I'll remember DC being one of if not the best ever here, long NBA career, always talking about Syracuse, always in the stands and always being a good ambassador until all of this, even before Lampkin with the University stuff.

I'm going to root for Lampkin, but unless we win a title, will we ever even have a legend again? Only way it happens is if it's a Melo type year. Maybe we need to hang onto the legends a little tighter before we start kicking them in the face for some fancy new dry rub.

If you look around the NBA and the stars that played college ball- the connection to where they played is gone except for a select few. Not to mention the stars skip or come from over seas more and more. College bball lacks the icons anymore that connect it to the NBA like the old days

I hate this point of view. UNC has had a few duds since we joined the conference. Red has improved the talent. He can improve it more by winning games. They know what they have to do. It’s about executing their plan and game day coaching.
I dunno. This looks like 16-18 wins to me.

Im going to cheer Eddie on but hes a fool for saying his food is the only good food in Syracuse. Even the chef he hired said eddie cant cook. His rub is lemon pepper with cajun spice, any decent cook has that figured out. Thats similar to being good at CPR and saying you are the best doctor around. He has alot to learn.
If he didnt have his NIL his "restaurant" would close in less than a year.
Good for him using NIL to his advantage tho.

Last edited:
the question is - what is holding the NIL back? I have to believe a program with our history has donors who are willing to step up under the right circumstances. It almost seems like the boosters were split on the decision to go with red… and it shows with what we have been able to afford in free agency.

As much attention as Auburn has gotten over the years for meddlesome boosters - Syracuse has similar internal political dynamics. It’s not a good thing - there’s a reason why Alabama in football and UConn in hoops win multiple championships while Auburn and Syracuse hang their hat on the one year they got lucky.

Our problem is we’ll always have a bunch of donors who are willing to step up if they get their way - and since they all want different things, that means we’ll always have a large bunch of donors standing in the corner pouting and not stepping up. It was challenging to manage that pre-NIL - it’s potentially going to be fatal with NIL dictating recruiting success.

I did this (and Cubs, Bucks, etc.) during the pandemic when there were no sports. Was honestly a lot of fun lol. Also just incredible watching how intense our defense used to be compared to today.