I stayed away for a day | Syracusefan.com

I stayed away for a day

stuckinbig11

All American
and now I see that it was a wise choice. To sum up the game, we could not make our layups go in, sometimes because of hits to the body, other times just in anticipation of them. They posted up two big men at the same time, forcing the zone to move up to cover them; if one got the ball, the other one slid to the hoop. Our 3s did not fall; they did for two of their guys. Sometimes that happens. If Roberson made his foul shots, the game would have played out differently.

i stayed away too. but what i saw yesterday wasn't just unlucky breaks or bounces. we were outplayed badly on both ends of the court by the johnnies. their bigs dominated us inside and we can't shoot a lick. game really wasn't ever close.

They posted up two big men at the same time, forcing the zone to move up to cover them; if one got the ball, the other one slid to the hoop.
First, yes, wise choice to stay away!
But I just wanted to address the quoted sentence here. Yes, they did as you describe - and we seemed to do nothing at all to adjust to it or take it away - A poor team did virtually whatever they wanted offensively against us for pretty much the entire game - and that is troubling to me

First, yes, wise choice to stay away!
But I just wanted to address the quoted sentence here. Yes, they did as you describe - and we seemed to do nothing at all to adjust to it or take it away - A poor team did virtually whatever they wanted offensively against us for pretty much the entire game - and that is troubling to me
JB would have seen it and adjusted. Hop is still getting his feet wet, but he will catch on.

We had 11 more field goal attempts 11, You figure you win by 7-8 bare minimum in a equal shooting game with that. Totally negated the rebounds.

But as swc said we were beat out by 21 points from 3 on 2 less attempts.

Last edited: