I still say Al Golden is overrated as a football coach | Syracusefan.com

I still say Al Golden is overrated as a football coach

Hoping Charlie Strong stays at ACC-bound Louisville.

We will have a heck of a conference.

As Shafe noted, the demographics favor our geographic region.

I don't care where he coaches really, I just don't think he is that good a football coach.
Agree. He is more of a "builder" than he is an X and O guy. Great at recruiting, great at growing a program, but on gameday, I don't want him near the sideline

Louisville crushed them, but Miami was missing the best RB in the ACC. Would've been a decent game if Duke was playing.

I still think he's the best in the ACC. I may be alone on that though...

Miami has had the Nevan Shapiro/NCAA investigation hanging over its head and yet Al Golden has still had that program building upward. He currently has the #3 recruiting class in the country for Miami and no more NCAA crap hanging around. Golden has done a great job, and while his gameday coaching may not be elite he hasn't been a train wreck. Miami is close to becoming an annual top 10 team again.

Golden and Miami are both over rated. The Miami mystique is long gone. Top 5 class coming in though.

Sorta hope golden leaves though, I think there's a couple of kids in that class that GMac can land if there's staff upheaval here.

I don't see how Golden has done a great job. They have still had a ton of talent there, and other than a win over a ranked at the time Florida this year, they have been smashed by ranked teams under him. They allowed more than 20 points in the final 10 games of the season, and lose Morris. Their high ranking was a mirage this year and they don't look like a top 10-15 team next year.

Wouldn't shock me if Golden ran to Penn State before he's exposed any further.

I don't see how Golden has done a great job. They have still had a ton of talent there, and other than a win over a ranked at the time Florida this year, they have been smashed by ranked teams under him. They allowed more than 20 points in the final 10 games of the season, and lose Morris. Their high ranking was a mirage this year and they don't look like a top 10-15 team next year.

Wouldn't shock me if Golden ran to Penn State before he's exposed any further.

I think PSU will hire Jay Paterno, just to, you know, keep the tradition alive.