I Suck | Syracusefan.com

I Suck

Nicknack

All Conference
All day I was really excited about the game. I got my drink going early and was squarely in my chair ready to go at 9pm. As things unfolded, I got more and more disappointed and frustrated. At about the 10:45 minute mark in the 2nd half with us down 20, I turned off the game. Then I wake up this morning to only see we got back in the game with an actual chance to win. Unbelievable.

I used to sort of pride myself as an Orange fan that I would never turn off a basketball or football game until 0:00 left on the clock. However, the last few years, that has changed with last night being probably the earliest I've ever turned off the TV. I've become a bit frustrated with both head coaches.

Anyone else do a dumba$$ thing like me last night?

All day I was really excited about the game. I got my drink going early and was squarely in my chair ready to go at 9pm. As things unfolded, I got more and more disappointed and frustrated. At about the 10:45 minute mark in the 2nd half with us down 20, I turned off the game. Then I wake up this morning to only see we got back in the game with an actual chance to win. Unbelievable.

I used to sort of pride myself as an Orange fan that I would never turn off a basketball or football game until 0:00 left on the clock. However, the last few years, that has changed with last night being probably the earliest I've ever turned off the TV. I've become a bit frustrated with both head coaches.

Anyone else do a dumba$$ thing like me last night?

More than a few times. The comeback while exciting was frustrating as well being we waited so long to get to that point

I flipped over to Oak Island at Half Time and watched the scoreboard on my phone. Stopped checking the score when it got to 20. Checked the score this morning and was surprised but not upset. We still lost. I would have felt worse if we won.

Last edited:
I flipped over to Oak Island at Half Time and watched the scoreboard on on phone. Stopped checking the score when it got to 20. Checked the score this morning and was surprised but not upset. We still lost. I would have felt worse if we won.
You get a like for being a Curse of Oak Island fan, one of my favorite shows on TV… I DVR’d both that & the game, watched the full episode of Oak Island, then watched the game so I could fast forward through all the commercials/breaks

I stopped watching when Cuse was down 17 with 14 minutes left. I do not regret turning it off. I think it's healthy if you truly feel there is no way back into a game, and you can separate yourself from the impending disappointment. When I looked at the score this morning, I was pleasantly surprised by the comeback, and not shocked by the loss. Win-win. AND I recorded it, so I can go back and watch where I left off!

I turned it off around the 8 min mark and went to bed. The late start time had a lot to do with it. Glad the boys fought back but you can’t dig holes like that to bad teams at home.

I flipped over to Oak Island at Half Time and watched the scoreboard on my phone. Stopped checking the score when it got to 20. Checked the score this morning and was surprised but not upset. We still lost. I would have felt worse if we won.
Don’t watch that show. It’s incredible it’s still on . It’s a fool me once shame on you, fool me 10,021 times shame on me endeavor.

Actually like a cuse game lately ;-)

Yes. Also turned it off down 20. Got tired of the rim clanks.

I never stopped watching but I didn't think we were coming back and it was this game or watching the Grinch for the 3rd time with my 8 year old and 4 year old.

I was at work, originally tried to get the game on one of my computer screens but for some reason I couldn't get it to load. So I fired up the VPN on my phone and watched it as best I could on the small screen. Until there was about 8 minutes left and I lost my feed. Not sure what happened, and as I was with my USDA inspector at the time didn't worry about trying to reload it. We were both very surprised though when the final score popped up and we only lost by two. He is an Iowa State fan having graduated from there, and we talked a bit about the comparisons between our teams. Both show potential, it is going to be an interesting season to see who grows the most, and come March where they stand.

I’m way past feeling guilty about skipping a game or turning one off early if the vibes are bad. I couldn’t picture doing that before but that was back when games we had no chance of winning happened like once a month instead of once every week or two.

Last edited:
I come very darn close to shutting it off, but still today I am glad I didn't and upset I did not. Confusing...yes but that is about how this whole season has unfolded so far. We have 5 loses with an OT loss, 1 point loss and a 2 point loss. Close only counts in horseshoes, we need to turn the corner. Many folks are questioning why Bell and Benny continue to start? I am now there also. Coach says nearly every game, "we are not getting the rebounds from the forwards". Time to pull the trigger and go with Brown and Taylor or give Q and JAB a run. One consistent thing is we start every game slowly, falling behind and the scrambling to get back. The other consistent thing is the same 5 have started all games and nearly all halves. Make a change now! It may already be too late.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom