I swear if i read the word Yankee one more time im going to..... | Syracusefan.com

I swear if i read the word Yankee one more time im going to.....

zjscuse

All Conference
SYRACUSE? I Demand a Refund! Hate!

Please for the love of all things holy, ruin this teams season tomorrow night. My blood is boiling I wanna show Clemson, ACC expansion is going to be a headache for years and years and years to come. Give out all the tickets, I don't care anymore pack the airplane hangar.. lol (in all seriousness I would love for this game to turn into a true heated rivalry year in and year out)
192at6dm0ys95gif.gif

Last edited:
SYRACUSE? I Demand a Refund! Hate!

Please for the love of all things holy, ruin this teams season tomorrow night. My blood is boiling I wanna show Clemson, ACC expansion is going to be a headache for years and years and years to come. Give out all the tickets, I don't care anymore pack the airplane hangar.. lol (in all seriousness I would love for this game to turn into a true heated rivalry year in and year out)
192at6dm0ys95gif.gif
What do you expect from worthless bloggery that you find on SBnation.

Hahaha good for them, I thought that article was actually funny.

When we win tonight, in my drunken stupor I'll read it aloud through the halls of the dome and at the pee troughs before my joyous/glorious exit.

I'm sure there are plenty of rednecks who have the same point of view but I'm not going to judge an entire fanbase on what this turd who has probably never left the state of South Carolina attempts to write. The Clemson fans I encountered at the game four years ago were cool.

Haha relax they do that article every week. Satire! Alive and well!

...but let's beat the $# out of Clemson

I'm sure there are plenty of rednecks who have the same point of view but I'm not going to judge an entire fanbase on what this turd who has probably never left the state of South Carolina attempts to write. The Clemson fans I encountered at the game four years ago were cool.

It just like up north. Idiots up there and idiots down here. Been here 24 years and have encountered many people that are still fighting the war, however that is the minority. I am now rarely called a yankee because most southerners are accustomed to us all moving down here. The ones that are thinking it, don't have the balls to say it to your face.

Most of my best friends are true southerners. I don't sound like them but we have the same beliefs and interests. It also helped that a long time ago I stopped saying, "In New York, we did it this way". That didn't go over very well. Most of the Clemson fans were very nice to me and the boy two years ago. The pic is a guy we met that scared my son because he insisted that he get his picture taken with a Cuse fan. Nice guy. It may have been different if we came away with a victory, but sensible people in rhe south are more friendly than your average northerner. That's my take anyway. Now lets kick that Tiger ass tonight!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0651.JPG
    IMG_0651.JPG
    844.6 KB · Views: 113
The Yankees beat Cleveland two nights ago to head to the ALCS to face Houston.

It just like up north. Idiots up there and idiots down here. Been here 24 years and have encountered many people that are still fighting the war, however that is the minority. I am now rarely called a yankee because most southerners are accustomed to us all moving down here. The ones that are thinking it, don't have the balls to say it to your face.

Most of my best friends are true southerners. I don't sound like them but we have the same beliefs and interests. It also helped that a long time ago I stopped saying, "In New York, we did it this way". That didn't go over very well. Most of the Clemson fans were very nice to me and the boy two years ago. The pic is a guy we met that scared my son because he insisted that he get his picture taken with a Cuse fan. Nice guy. It may have been different if we came away with a victory, but sensible people in rhe south are more friendly than your average northerner. That's my take anyway. Now lets kick that Tiger ass tonight!!!
Great picture!

Going all the way back to the 2001 Auburn game...I've only met really nice people from visiting schools. The only fan base I've ever had issues with are the band wagon FSU clowns. Their arrogance is even higher than their ignorance.

We went to UVa and were staying at a hotel about 30 miles from Charlottesville. The hotel clerk was behind the desk and must not have noticed us walk in and was on a rant about Damn Yankees do this and do that. He looked up and had an embarassed look on his face and my friend looked at him and said " No problem Im a Mets fan"

We went to UVa and were staying at a hotel about 30 miles from Charlottesville. The hotel clerk was behind the desk and must not have noticed us walk in and was on a rant about Damn Yankees do this and do that. He looked up and had an embarassed look on his face and my friend looked at him and said " No problem Im a Mets fan"
Kind of OT: I haven’t been to many away games but I will say my best interaction with an opposing fan was UVa. He came up, shook my hand, and thanked the SU fans for coming down and said he thinks its great and loves having us there.

My god that video is such a low point in our storied history. I'd maybe go with something like this.

1e5f4da8-a1dc-49a6-a28b-738a2ccbdd2c-large16x9_SUFlashback1996GatorBowlWin.jpg

low point? geez, I guess you just aren't "hardnosed" enough ;)

Great picture!

Going all the way back to the 2001 Auburn game...I've only met really nice people from visiting schools. The only fan base I've ever had issues with are the band wagon FSU clowns. Their arrogance is even higher than their ignorance.
I was really surprised that the NC State fans this year were not overly welcoming. We went to eat at a country restaurant that was only serving breakfast and were somewhat shunned by most fans that were there. There were some older folks that were really nice but they were far and few.

Of course we sat behind the biggest jerk in the stadium who stood up for every single play. I said something to him because my son couldn't see. It didn't make much of a difference. Even some State fans behind us were getting annoyed.

I now have to join the Tarheels bandwagon about NC State and hate them also. Their chants and waving their hands every time is pretty stupid as well. They are a mediocre program that got lucky this year. I hope George Mcdonald gets fired and replaced.

Was that last thing too much?
:rolling:

I was really surprised that the NC State fans this year were not overly welcoming. We went to eat at a country restaurant that was only serving breakfast and were somewhat shunned by most fans that were there. There were some older folks that were really nice but they were far and few.

Of course we sat behind the biggest jerk in the stadium who stood up for every single play. I said something to him because my son couldn't see. It didn't make much of a difference. Even some State fans behind us were getting annoyed.

I now have to join the Tarheels bandwagon about NC State and hate them also. Their chants and waving their hands every time is pretty stupid as well. They are a mediocre program that got lucky this year. I hope George Mcdonald gets fired and replaced.

Was that last thing too much?
:rolling:
NC State fans are truly scumbags. They are the worst in the conference. Even worse than the nerds.

Just a few points:

Having been stationed in Shreveport, LA, I discovered that several southerners have not yet received word that the War Between the States* is over. It was in the papers but apparently not widespread. They defined anyone north of the Louisiana/Arkansas line as a Yankee.

Having lived in Florida, I discovered that more than half the state is from the north. It's kinda like, Miami is Northern Cuba and the rest is Southern NY (with some other northern states' expats thrown in). Most people agreed that anyone north of the Florida/Georgia line (states not band) is a Yankee.

Having lived in Texas for the past Decade, there are a few that go overboard (Big surprise, I know) but most people are great. I do like their definitions of a Yankee: If you live in Brownsville**, anyone north is a Yankee, especially Dallas residents. If you live in Houston, anyone north of I-10 is a Yankee, especially Dallas residents. If you live in Dallas, anyone north of the Red River is a Yankee. Most people in Texas are friendly, especially if you like dogs, horses, military, guns, fishing, or work in the oil and gas industries, any combination of the aforementioned characteristics makes a person that much more friendly.

All of that to say to the Orange: Clemson is just a southern YANKEE with bad drawl! NOW GO KICK THEIR POSTERIORS INTO NEXT WEEK AND RACK UP A "W"!

* Commonly referred to as the Civil War
** If you go any further south, you will be in Mexico, to which we are ALL Yankees or is it Yanqui?