I think Dr. Gross is a big winner in this | Syracusefan.com

I think Dr. Gross is a big winner in this

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
Looks like there was a method to the madness all along. All of the time and effort spent rebranding Syracuse as the team of New York state and city, scheduling football games down at the Meadowlands, all the appearances the hoops team somehow finds a way to make at MSG... I don't know if we're in a position to make this kind of move and ensure our seat at the big boy table without those things. Gross had this in the works a long time ago. This guy will feel vindicated once we're in the ACC.

And truthfully, this isn't anywhere near over. I think there's a chance other teams end up in the ACC too and a few others shuffle out. This could get really interesting, and I'm just glad we're one of the proactive movers seizing the day instead of one of those waiting for things to affect them.

This is how I envision the Good Doctor's morning affirmation went...

Thirty two years and Syracuse has never taken a stand. Now, we're gonna do it. I'm taking a stand against John Marinatto, against my conference, against myself, against my past, my present and my future. Syracuse will not sit idly by as events that affect college football unfold to change the course of my program. I will take a stand and I will defend it. When John Marinatto comes home tonight, he's finally going to have to deal with Syracuse. Good or bad, we're taking a stand.
cameron-car-window.jpg

If this in fact happens, you do have to give TGD a big thumbs up.

Sent from my DROIDX

Sent from my DROIDX

Where does "The Mole" stand on all of this. :cool:

You didn't think Gross was going to roll into LA without making some type of news, did you?

Ok, So he does't have to go straight to hell for giving us the Greg.

You didn't think Gross was going to roll into LA without making some type of news, did you?

My favorite part of the Thamel story from yesterday regarding the news was this:
Syracuse Athletic Director Daryl Gross, when reached on his cellphone in Los Angeles, where the Orange will play Southern California on Saturday, said: “I can’t comment on that. Maybe that’s even too much to say.”

Was there anything more appropriate than that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom