i think it will be a real tough go tomorrow | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

i think it will be a real tough go tomorrow

I think we would lose to Georgetown 7 or 8 times out of 10.
well sure, if three of our four shooters go 7/27 from the field and 4/17 from three each of those 7 or 8 times :noidea:.
The game seemed daunting to me due to Georgetown's interior size. If we had shot a respectable %, though, it would have been a very close game. Interestingly, they had only 3 more rebounds than us and we had 4 more offensive boards than them.
Not sure if "overmatched" is the term to use.

well sure, if three of our four shooters go 7/27 from the field and 4/17 from three each of those 7 or 8 times :noidea:.
The game seemed daunting to me due to Georgetown's interior size. If we had shot a respectable %, though, it would have been a very close game. Interestingly, they had only 3 more rebounds than us and we had 4 more offensive boards than them.
Not sure if "overmatched" is the term to use.

I'm surprised I have to keep defending this take. We have very little margin for error and limited ways to score. We are all jump shots and threes. Georgetown has way more ability to score easier. They have more bodies. We can't stop any inside attack. Even when this team is on fire shooting threes we get in close games. It is what it is. Against Georgetown we're overmatched.

I'm surprised I have to keep defending this take. We have very little margin for error and limited ways to score. We are all jump shots and threes. Georgetown has way more ability to score easier. They have more bodies. We can't stop any inside attack. Even when this team is on fire shooting threes we get in close games. It is what it is. Against Georgetown we're overmatched.
Not sure you have to defend anything, I'm just thinking "overmatched" isn't the best way to put it. As a whole I'd contend we have better basketball players than Georgetown - who, when playing how we're capable of, would usually defeat Georgetown. They have more depth and size, certainly, but that would be the case vs almost any team they play - I mean you could say, in looking at the two rosters ahead of the game, that Duke was "overmatched" against Georgetown.

Not sure you have to defend anything, I'm just thinking "overmatched" isn't the best way to put it. As a whole I'd contend we have better basketball players than Georgetown - who, when playing how we're capable of, would usually defeat Georgetown. They have more depth and size, certainly, but that would be the case vs almost any team they play - I mean you could say, in looking at the two rosters ahead of the game, that Duke was "overmatched" against Georgetown.

I think you're right that we have more talent, but our lack of inside presence is so pronounced that's its going to have an enormous impact in every game we play.

We can't protect the rim or rebound. To overcome this we either need to shoot really well, and/or have huge rebounding performances from Roberson/Coleman. Our margin of error is just so small.

You add Baye Keita to this team and we're top 15. Without a guy like that, I worry that our lack of post presence will define our season.

I think you're right that we have more talent, but our lack of inside presence is so pronounced that's its going to have an enormous impact in every game we play.

We can't protect the rim or rebound. To overcome this we either need to shoot really well, and/or have huge rebounding performances from Roberson/Coleman. Our margin of error is just so small.

You add Baye Keita to this team and we're top 15. Without a guy like that, I worry that our lack of post presence will define our season.
Agree

Hmmm. I get what you're saying. I would say right now Georgetown has better basketball players but we have more talent. They excuted really well and I saw some nice passing, shot fakes, etc. But, obviously we don't have enough horses and I do believe 100% that Georgetown is a bad matchup for us. Duke has more elite talent than either and better attack of the bounce players so...