I think our Head coach learned a few things on Saturday | Syracusefan.com

I think our Head coach learned a few things on Saturday

kcsu

Living Legend
I hope that DM learned a few things on Saturday about being a head coach. Pretty sure he did based on his pressers. The one thing that i hope he comes away with is that in college unlike the pros especially in the redzone or during critical times you have to trust your players and you have to rely on your leaders. Third and one at a crucial point forget the scheme give the ball to Baily. First and goal from the 6 forget the scheme throw the slant to Alex or Van. In the pros you go with packages and personel. In college that is ok for the most part but when the game is on the line turn it over to those that have done it before turn it over to your leaders.

It's disappointing that he has to learn how to block for an extra point.

Most of the PAT and field goal problems have been due to very poor snaps all year. Charlie has done a great job getting them down. Our short snapper was awful during the Rutgers game. I honestly believe on the block up the middle that he was so concerned about getting the snap off that he didnt block. The block for the outside was due to a high snap.

Most of the PAT and field goal problems have been due to very poor snaps all year. Charlie has done a great job getting them down. Our short snapper was awful during the Rutgers game. I honestly believe on the block up the middle that he was so concerned about getting the snap off that he didnt block. The block for the outside was due to a high snap.

Yep, Loeb has saved them with his good hands and the snaps and blocking HAVE to improve.

I know Hay and Morris are catching some heat, but on 2 of the kicks it looks like Welsh is the one that whiffs.

the snapping has been horrendous all season

So if we go for 2 everytime we would have to get at least 50% right? May be the way to go for the rest of the year.

This isn't the first time we've seen a game managed like this.

the snapping has been horrendous all season

Gotta think about going to the true frosh. He does a real nice job on the long snaps for punts. I think the staff probably have Morris (a walk on) doing FG and XP so as not to put a lot of pressure on the freshman by having him do long and short snapping. It's not often you recruit a snapper on scholie. Time to put the big boy pants on. Or maybe go back to Macky who might be better than he was last year when Long saved him every other snap..

Gotta think about going to the true frosh. He does a real nice job on the long snaps for punts. I think the staff probably have Morris (a walk on) doing FG and XP so as not to put a lot of pressure on the freshman by having him do long and short snapping. It's not often you recruit a snapper on scholie. Time to put the big boy pants on. Or maybe go back to Macky who might be better than he was last year when Long saved him every other snap..

Wasn't Rodgers snapping FGs during the Rhody game? I swear I remember Morris getting benched after that kick was blocked in the Wake game.

Wasn't Rodgers snapped FG during the Rhody game? I swear I remember Morris getting benched after that kick was blocked in the Wake game.

Good question. Anyone wanna go back and look?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom