I think people are off on the playmaker thing, dont | Syracusefan.com

I think people are off on the playmaker thing, dont

IthacaBarrel

Shaky Potatoes
Get me wrong I wish Bailey had breakaway speed but we have had guys open deep often, graham has elite speed and can make plays when given the ball, our issue has been nassib throwing so many inactivate balls down the field, he missed two more today, he is fine with the shorter passes but he has been off all year. I am not saying we have world beaters but we had mike Williams for a few years and our o still sucked for the most part. We need consistency, we need a ing o line that can handle pressure and we need a qb that can run and pass the football...

speed doesnt make a playmaker-
a playmaker can get a 3 yard slant and go all the way because he was able to get away from a tackle or 2-

su has no one capable of that

not 1 marrone recruit has contributed consistantly on offense -when the guru kids run out what will we do?

Get me wrong I wish Bailey had breakaway speed but we have had guys open deep often, graham has elite speed and can make plays when given the ball, our issue has been nassib throwing so many inactivate balls down the field, he missed two more today, he is fine with the shorter passes but he has been off all year. I am not saying we have world beaters but we had mike Williams for a few years and our o still sucked for the most part. We need consistency, we need a ******* o line that can handle pressure and we need a qb that can run and pass the football...

Here's the thing IB, forget the ratings and forget the rankings. For some reason people love to see lists, I don't know why but they feel comfortable seeing information broken down like that. Prospect evaluations are not linear. All that matters is what you think a kid CAN do, and what he CAN'T do. Then it is up to the coaches to teach consistency and put them in position to do so. Van Chew and Dorian Graham CAN get deep. Provo, Lemon, and West CAN carve out space and catch the ball. I don't think today's loss was about playmakers, but instead the lack being put in position to succeed. The line was overmatched, Ryan never got comfortable, and the result was ugly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom