I think this board sometimes forgets that you actually still have | Syracusefan.com

I think this board sometimes forgets that you actually still have

IthacaBarrel

Shaky Potatoes
to play the game to actually win it, too many people inking a 5-1 start and auto lossed to WVU, Pitt, and USF a week ago. Like I said, Rutgers and Syracuse are very evenly matched teams, they were last year, they were this year. They have talent and they do not quit, relentless on specials as well...

Get to 4-2 next week and they better be damn careful next week agan we still need to show up and try to steal one from WVU... Tulane stinks but they did beat UAB By 50 or something

to play the game to actually win it, too many people inking a 5-1 start and auto lossed to WVU, Pitt, and USF a week ago. Like I said, Rutgers and Syracuse are very evenly matched teams, they were last year, they were this year. They have talent and they do not quit, relentless on specials as well...

Get to 4-2 next week and they better be damn careful next week agan we still need to show up and try to steal one from WVU... Tulane stinks but they did beat UAB By 50 or something
WVU wins by 40

WVU wins by 40

I say SU wins.. we should be healthy and Shafer will be fine versus Holgerson's O. There isnt a team in the Big East that SU cant beat on any given day...

my opinion has more to do with WVU than it does with anybody on our side.

they put up 500 yards against LSU. turnovers killed them but who puts up 500 yards on a defense like that? don't get too excited about containing rutgers

my opinion has more to do with WVU than it does with anybody on our side.

they put up 500 yards against LSU. turnovers killed them but who puts up 500 yards on a defense like that? don't get too excited about containing rutgers

I am not getting excited about anything from yesterday believe me... But WVU defense isn't great either

Just not as optimistic as you are. This team isn't all that good. I know a win is a win and a loss is a loss, but this team could very easily be 1-4. Our skill position guys are straight out of 1973, just a really slow and dull offense. The defense played their asses off yesterday, but a lot of that has to do with playing a team almost as inept as us. I don't see much improvement on the way either, recruiting is what it's been. We can't afford to give games away, and that's exactly what we did yesterday. Tulane is the only game I'm really comfortable saying we should win. Louisville and Uconn stink too, but have them on the road. Will be an uphill battle to get to 6 wins and a bowl game this year. One more thing, we kick in a dome and our punter averages about 33 yards a punt. It's not like he's known for cornering opponents inside the 10 either.

Just not as optimistic as you are. This team isn't all that good. I know a win is a win and a loss is a loss, but this team could very easily be 1-4. Our skill position guys are straight out of 1973, just a really slow and dull offense. The defense played their asses off yesterday, but a lot of that has to do with playing a team almost as inept as us. I don't see much improvement on the way either, recruiting is what it's been. We can't afford to give games away, and that's exactly what we did yesterday. Tulane is the only game I'm really comfortable saying we should win. Louisville and Uconn stink too, but have them on the road. Will be an uphill battle to get to 6 wins and a bowl game this year. One more thing, we kick in a dome and our punter averages about 33 yards a punt. It's not like he's known for cornering opponents inside the 10 either.

I am not saying it won't be tough, I just want to beat Tulane at this point. Get to 4-2, get the week off because we need it badly. Hell, I need it badly.

This.
For years, I have been amazed that we don't exploit our perfect field conditions -- like DM had in New Orleans -- as part of recruiting and game planning. Wide open O, kickers who boom punts and reach the goal line on kickoffs. Rather, we run up the middle (with small backs) and throw dinks and screens like we are playing in Archbold in the snow and rain. I like DM as much as the next, but one thing emerging is that is pretty stubborn, risk-averse and not very adaptable. Give Shady some credit: he pulled his QB, who was not more ineffective than Nassib, in favor of a true frosh, on the road against a rival in a must-win game. The kid made some bonehead plays but it will pay off down the road. Think DM would ever to that?

We have not turned the corner when we continue to see these wildly inconsistent performances week in and week out. Someone around here said it before but you have to win the games you're supposed to win. We had absolutely no business whatsoever losing that game yesterday. When we start seeing consistency from this team and you know what you're going to get, that's when the corner will be turned.

We should kill Tulane but right now, a win in OT or a loss wouldn't shock me. BTW, Brown beat RI yesterday 35-21. Yes, Brown.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom