I think this is the year... | Syracusefan.com

I think this is the year...

SeattleCuse

Walk On
...that I’ve come to accept that Syracuse hoops will be average for the remainder of Boeheim’s tenure. We’ve been an average program going back a half dozen years or so and I see nothing on the horizon that’s encouraging. Had placed some blame on sanctions (prob have them more longevity than I should have) but there are no more excuses.

We don’t have enough good players, player growth/development is inconsistent and our recruiting strategy seems confusing. Why did we focus on recruiting combo/SGs and assume they could be turned into true PGs? Why did we recruit skinny project Cs, see that not really work and then double down on that approach? The PG issues really confuse me. We’re Syracuse, 20k+ fans, name brand, coach that generally lets you play free-flow on offense... how can we not have a good, true PG?

We are in the same situation as Indiana in the later years of Knight, FSU in the later years of Bowden, PSU in the later years of Paterno, etc.

Our reality is much less than out potential and I don’t think Boeheim will close that gap.

...that I’ve come to accept that Syracuse hoops will be average for the remainder of Boeheim’s tenure. We’ve been an average program going back a half dozen years or so and I see nothing on the horizon that’s encouraging. Had placed some blame on sanctions (prob have them more longevity than I should have) but there are no more excuses.

We don’t have enough good players, player growth/development is inconsistent and our recruiting strategy seems confusing. Why did we focus on recruiting combo/SGs and assume they could be turned into true PGs? Why did we recruit skinny project Cs, see that not really work and then double down on that approach? The PG issues really confuse me. We’re Syracuse, 20k+ fans, name brand, coach that generally lets you play free-flow on offense... how can we not have a good, true PG?

We are in the same situation as Indiana in the later years of Knight, FSU in the later years of Bowden, PSU in the later years of Paterno, etc.

Our reality is much less than out potential and I don’t think Boeheim will close that gap.
Welcome to the board...

I shudder to think what our overall attendance is going to look like in both revenue sports when COVID is "over enough" for fans to return to stadiums.

They were at least able to pull the headsets from Paterno and Bowden. JB has full control still.

I shudder to think what our overall attendance is going to look like in both revenue sports when COVID is "over enough" for fans to return to stadiums.

Football is going to be bad, real bad.

I’m hoping we can resurrect the program in the future similar to Villanova. I’m resigned that we will be mediocre to the next few years. I’m hoping we go in another direction after JB retires. 45+ years of the 2-3 zone are enough. Need a new philosophy. We need to rebuild the program into its full potential as a Top 5 program.

Any chance buddy can graduate in 3 years? Battle did it

The worst part today was contesting 2 out of 5 shots in the halfcourt.

Can't count on that against top 15 teams who are scorching you even with a solid full court press. Don't care if you have 3 seniors 2 jrs and 3 5 star sophmores. This team needs an extended athletic half court press with griff buddy and Girard on the bench for 5 minute stretches when we are that beat.

Welcome to the board...
Loooooooong time lurker, today’s game may have been my breaking point. Have been checking the fball board for years as the twisted humor there helped cope with losing... laughter is healing. Am now concerned I’ll be doing similar on the hoops side as we go from frustration to being resigned to misery. Hopefully we don’t eventually replace Boeheim with the bball version of Gerg.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom