I think we can all agree that this isn't over | Syracusefan.com

I think we can all agree that this isn't over

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
The BE is going to get spanked.

WVU will find a home. Louisville is pretty attractive I'd think. UCONN and Buttgers have a chance to land somewhere. Maybe Cinncy. I think TCU and USF are boned.

Point being, I just don't see this ending well for the Big East. Maybe a hoops conference is left standing. Maybe. But there's no way they're going to be able to field a viable football conference.

ACC should go for broke and invite Georgetown and Nova as hoops onlies.

we just had to flee a conference that was doomed to crumble because it had hoops only teams. Why would we want to start that again?

we just had to flee a conference that was doomed to crumble because it had hoops only teams. Why would we want to start that again?
If it helps, I was joking.

If it helps, I was joking.

Now I feel like a dope! After rereading it seems an obvious jest. Perhaps my brain is still spinning a bit fast over this ACC move.

If the "Texas and ND to the ACC for everything but football" rumors pan out, Texas Tech is left without a dance partner.

Maybe OU and OSU stay put?

A&M and WV to SEC.

Big Ten grabs UConn and Rutgers?

Texas Tech, Baylor, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Missouri, Kansas, KState, Iowa State, TCU, Cinci, Louisville, USF make the new Big12.

Pac12, Sec14, BiG14, Big12, ACC14/16 would account for all current 68 BCS teams.

I just don't see UConn and Rutgers to the B1G. I just don't, for so many reasons. They are the ones that will have to cobble together a conference with LV and Cincy and the Big XII leftovers. Maybe WV too. USF might indeed be left out in the cold.

I'd like to see the ACC add UConn and W Virginia just for the sake of athletics part of it, but it probably won't happen.

While all of this I$ driven by money. 'Academic integrity' is important to the ACC. Whatever that means in this current world!
GO ORANGE !

Anyone think TCU and SF end up going to the remnants of the Big 12? Who'll be worse off when the dust settles, Big East or Big (used to be) 12?

If the "Texas and ND to the ACC for everything but football" rumors pan out, Texas Tech is left without a dance partner.

A&M and WV to SEC.

Texas Tech, Baylor, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Missouri, Kansas, KState, Iowa State, TCU, Cinci, Louisville, USF make the new Big12.

Pac12, Sec14, BiG14, Big12, ACC14/16 would account for all current 68 BCS teams.

Oops. I posted before I read yours... really.

The BE didn't and isn't going to crumble because of the basketball only teams in it.

A&M and WV to SEC.

I think you've got a good idea with the new Big 12 though you can count OU and OSU out, especially if Texas leaves. Replace them with some combination of 2 out of Air Force/SMU/Houston. The talk down here in Oklahoma is that OU is going to the Pac12, once the regents meet Monday. Whether it happens in that time frame, who knows, though everyone here is expecting it. A lot of talk also is that OU and Texas are coordinated in that OU has agreed to leave first, then that will free Texas to do what it wants.