I thought we lost | Syracusefan.com

I thought we lost

Tobias Funke

All Conference
I wasn't able to watch yesterday and in the middle of a family thing hopped on here just to see the general reaction. I honestly thought until late last night that we had lost the game based on the top 10 threads within an hour of the game ending. I haven't been able to stay engaged as much as usual and legitimately didn't know we won until i watched the game, It was a nice little surprise. That said we have a long way to go, and maybe it is best that some reset your expectations, we lack experience, and in some cases talent. I do still believe that with some development we may be able to be disruptive this year. This is a year when the starts will need to align, and i think this team instill trying to find its identity.

That game sucked but Half-Price Appetizers went off to keep them in it and then Rak and McCullough were effectively disqualifed by the officiating.

McCullough would've had the game sealing rebound and put back, instead he fouls out.

I really want to see Cooney in more of an on-ball role and see if he can somewhat replicate his success yesterday against better teams.

That game sucked but Half-Price Appetizers went off to keep them in it and then Rak and McCullough were effectively disqualifed by the officiating.

McCullough would've had the game sealing rebound and put back, instead he fouls out.

I really want to see Cooney in more of an on-ball role and see if he can somewhat replicate his success yesterday against better teams.

Cooney is much better at driving to the basket and shooting from the top of the key. I think he is a fine combo guard for us and should handle the ball more, but knowing this even why do we continually use him on the wing. He's not nearly as good attacking or shooting from the elbows down.

I like Joseph, and he's going to be a good player for us. Right now I think we will have better success if Gbinije and Cooney do most of the heavy lifting at the guard spot. Put Roberson at the three and I think that lineup can have a lot of success if they play to their strengths. Defensively that has to be our best lineup as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom